• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do the budget scope zero stops work?

flyfisher117

Professional Milk Jug Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Idaho
Looking at say Burris XTRII and Viper PST Gen 2s. I like both but do the zero stop work OK? I understand it may not be to Night force status but I'm wanting to pickup a gun bigger than the .223 and stretch my legs.

I am torn between one of the two scopes above or just getting another SWFA SS and saving up for another year or two and getting something nicer.

I would like zero stop but don't want to sacrifice other quality for one. I have a 3-15 SS on the .223 and my biggest complaint is past 700 yards it's image quality isn't that great, even on low powers. It's parallax also doesn't really seem to run true to the markings.

I am currently running a 6-24x50 Viper PST on a Bergara 6.5CM, have had no problems at all with my zero stop! Really like PST for a budget scope.

the pst gen2 has the rzr zero stop. it is as strong if not stronger than the NXS system. hard stop set by hard parts.. not the cheapy shims...

Reactions: Pinmaster
I am currently running a 6-24x50 Viper PST on a Bergara 6.5CM, have had no problems at all with my zero stop! Really like PST for a budget scope.

the pst gen2 has the rzr zero stop. it is as strong if not stronger than the NXS system. hard stop set by hard parts.. not the cheapy shims...

I didn't realize they had the RZR stops. Guess that's why one had rzr in the title. Just picked up a RPR in 6.5 so that may be the best option for a scope to learn on right now.

I was recently in your position. Trying to upgrade scopes and stay around the $1000 mark. I was looking at the XTR II and the PST Gen II. I finally decided on the Bushnell DMR II. Had to go a little higher than I had planned but got a like new used one and it was definitely worth it. Most reviews put it right under the the upper level glass. I've never looked through high end glass so I can't make that comparison, but it's night and day above the old viper hslr I had. The zero stop is solid too. Just another option to look at.

I was recently in your position. Trying to upgrade scopes and stay around the $1000 mark. I was looking at the XTR II and the PST Gen II. I finally decided on the Bushnell DMR II. Had to go a little higher than I had planned but got a like new used one and it was definitely worth it. Most reviews put it right under the the upper level glass. I've never looked through high end glass so I can't make that comparison, but it's night and day above the old viper hslr I had. The zero stop is solid too. Just another option to look at.
I'll have to watch the classifieds for one. I have to hold pretty close to my budget on optics.