• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes do these look identical with the exception of branding? PLUS, HELP WITH NEW SCOPE?

breitling

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
Ohio
I had a Millett LRS on my CMMG MK3 CBR (308-AR) and was shooting groupings of 5' so I sent the scope back. I tried a trustworthy leupold (that I use on my HK91) on the MK3 and had the same result. I called CMMG and they said they wanted to see the gun immediately. Come to find out there was an imperfection on the crown (not a burr).

Anyhow, I got the CMMG MK3 and now I have free reign to buy another scope since Millett Refunded me. But, it seems like the Millett wasn't the problem.

I was thinking about buying another Millett until I searched 6-25x56 on amazon and found these results.

The Millett
Amazon.com: Millett 6-25 X 56 LRS-1 Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope (35mm Tube .25 MOA with Rings), Matte: Sports & Outdoors

and ,the one that looks identical which leads me to believe Millett is junk
Amazon.com: Ade Advanced Optics 6-25X56 35mm Long Range Rifle Scope Illuminated Mildot Bar: Sports & Outdoors

1. Are these identical?

2. I know Millett is made in China and owned by Bushnell. But, is Millett some dumpy piece of shit?

3. the other scopes I am considering are:
- Trijicon 5-20x50 Accupoint
- Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25-50
- Vortex Viper PST FFP MOA 6-24x50

Any advice would be great as well as your thoughts on the two scopes linked above.

Thanks,

Bob