• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

do these numbers sound right?

predatornut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
North Dakota
Just worked up a load for my R700 5r 300WM.

76.7gr. RL-25
175 Berger VLD-H
CCI 250
Win brass.

Shoots well 1 1/4" @ 200 yards, but my velocity seems a bit low compared to what I have heard others getting. It averages 2875 over my chrono. The temps were about 40F so that might have had something to do with it. Just want to make sure these are in line with what I should be getting. Could I get better velocity with a different powder? Is TO25 real sensitive to temperature? Thanks for any knowledge you can pass on.

Re: do these numbers sound right?

you sound about right.R25 is a slower powder than say H1000 or R22.you might want to try R22 or H1000 for kicks.most even shoot R22 with the lighter bullets in a 300wm even 4831.but for me I like H1000 with a 208gn A-max.

so how do you like the 300 in a 5R?mine shoots great.

Shoots good so far. 1 1/4" @ 200 yards. I've only shot 4 three shot groups though. I'm thinking about trying the 190 Berger's. My biggest complaint is the recoil pad and palm swell stock. I will give h1000 a try.

Reloader 25 is more temp sensitive than Hodgdon Extreme powder. I try to use Extreme powder as much as possible.