• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

do they exist?

coulthard_west

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
new orleans la
do primers even exist anymore? ive searched everywhere and no one is expecting anything for the next 6 months. what can us shooters do?

Re: do they exist?

Yes, they exist but do you have the $$$$$.

Primers on Gun Broker

Sorry link does not work as I thought it would. Just hit the home page and search PRIMERS.

If you need them and have the $$$ they are there!

Terry

I check the sores in the area once or twice a week. Dont call go to the store. They run out quick. I lucked out got a 1000 210m and they had more when i left. Just must have been my lucky day.

The quick answer is no they don't exist anymore . The long answer is that you and everyone else need to quit searching for primers so I can find some .

the people that are selling primers on gunbroker are pond scum and are no better that people jacking up prices for gas when it was in short supply.

the gas wasnt in short supply, they was just making sure that they could make the payment of there million dollar cars.

We live in a capitalist society...nothing wrong with making money...one way to curb the prices is...stop paying those prices.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...so if you can get $125.00 for 1000 primers...more power to you.

Prices will come back down...I guess no one remembers the 1998-2000 run on primers and powder? Same thing as now. Look at real estate...3-4 years ago the house I owned was valued at $300K more then it was really worth...I sold it and made a very good profit...and now could buy it back for about what I paid for 10 years ago. Should I feel sorry for the people who bought it?

Take care,Stan

There were gas shortages in Ga. & I think Tenn & Kty, last year around sept.....so they say. If the dealers would ration the primers there would be enough for everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BgBmBoo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We live in a capitalist society...nothing wrong with making money...one way to curb the prices is...stop paying those prices.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...so if you can get $125.00 for 1000 primers...more power to you.

Prices will come back down...I guess no one remembers the 1998-2000 run on primers and powder? Same thing as now. Look at real estate...3-4 years ago the house I owned was valued at $300K more then it was really worth...I sold it and made a very good profit...and now could buy it back for about what I paid for 10 years ago. Should I feel sorry for the people who bought it?

Take care,Stan </div></div>
+1
The alternative is a system I don't want to be a part of.
When people start complaining that they should be able to acquire my property for a price lower than the price I set, I truly worry about what else they will "take" from me in the future.

To bad your not in Calif. I just picked up 10,000 primers in the last two weeks, mostly large rifle and LRmag, but did get a few K in LP,SP and SR. They still have some in my local gun store but limit you to 1K per day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the people that are selling primers on gunbroker are pond scum and are no better that people jacking up prices for gas when it was in short supply. </div></div>

Hmmm, really? because all of those auctions that I see have been bid up to those high prices, and they are still selling the second they get put up. I think you are blaming the wrong person there, the seller is only listing the item, nobody said buyers have to bid it up so high.

You want to blame someone? blame the buyers that are willing to pay any price just to stock up on shit that they wont even use for the next 10 years, blame them, not the sellers.

Also, before you go and blame the sellers, think about how hard it would be for him to replace those primers if he needed to, so it needs to be worth it to him to sell.

Ask yourself this, if you were selling a product that you knew for sure would sell for $200, would you sell it for $60 out of the goodness of your heart?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

USMCj

I was just at my local gun store, he doesnt even have any on order. said it was to hit and miss and this is my goto guy for every thing.
I'm screwed.

Cabela's told me yesterday that they were expecting WLRs in mid-May, and Federals a week later.

They *will* backorder for you. Price is now $30/1,000. Add your hazmat and shipping and you're up to $60/1000.

Pay anything more than that, and what you're buying is less of a wait time.

How much a person is willing to be ripped off for the satisfaction of getting it "now" instead of later is largely a personal decision. I am okay with letting other people be stupid. However, I have some resentments when their stupidity starts to ruin it for the rest of us...just like when the first-grade teacher kept the entire class in after school in an attempt to get the thief to cough up what was stolen sometime after lunch.

I'm not registered on GunBroker.com and don't plan to be any time soon, if ever. What are the actual prices paid on completed auctions? I'm curious as to whether anything is actually selling at the typical predatory pricing found on GunBroker. I never registered because it looks like there are almost never any good deals offered there.

I got some good prices on Large Rifle and Pistol primers on Gunbroker two weeks ago. A tad above retail but what are you going to do when supply is short. I bought all my brass and bullets, and primers from there for my next round of 1000 .45ACP, and .308win and it still comes out to half the cost of purchasing the rounds.

I just placed a large order from Cabela's and hope to see them in the next few months, till then I have 2000 rounds to play with.
smile.gif
Maybe I will get into the selling market once I get them if prices still hold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
They *will* backorder for you. Price is now $30/1,000. Add your hazmat and shipping and you're up to $60/1000.</div></div>

Thats why you order waaay more than you need. The hazmat isn't per item. Its per order. Order like 5K primers(usually cheaper that way too) and the $30 hazmat fee gets spread out over the total cost so you end up only pay $36/1k. The only reason I have primers right now is because last gun show I went to before I moved I said to myself "Buy primers and some powder you'll use them eventually even though you don't need them now"

I only have like 2K SR and 1400 LR and 1600 LR primers, but at the rate I shoot I'll be good till my backorder comes in

I am on a backorder list for some primers just so that I can have enough primers to use the powder I have. I started buying a few years back so I have avoided most of the panic buying and price hiking going on. When I decided to order powder/primers I would just get more than I would need to save on the hazmat. I'll just say I have enough to last me quite a while if I ration it a bit. I only wish I would have kept buying my 2 bricks of 22lr every time I went to Wal-Mart before this crap started.

It's funny how now the people who were saying I was crazy and stupid for buying 5K primers at a time and 16lbs of powder have all of a sudden stopped making fun of me.

Remember I did the bulk of my buying over 2 years ago when I saw the writing on the wall so don't say I am hoarding
smile.gif
I will shoot it eventually it just might take a few years but the great thing is it won't go bad and seems to only go up in value.

Use the 12 thousand we hold and quit ordering so many at a time when not needed. Supply will catch up and we can all order reasonable amounts rather than a 10 year supply when we find them!

I called my daughter last night and had her go through my reloading room and tally up what I had for primers and powder . All I can say is that it was an embaressment of riches . I forgot what a Whoreder I am . The good news is I should be able to wait out any backorder I am on pretty comfortably .

If anyone in Boise Idaho wants to trade CCI BR2's for BR4's I can probably help you out .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BgBmBoo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We live in a capitalist society...nothing wrong with making money...one way to curb the prices is...stop paying those prices.

Take care,Stan </div></div>
+1
The alternative is a system I don't want to be a part of.
When people start complaining that they should be able to acquire my property for a price lower than the price I set, I truly worry about what else they will "take" from me in the future. </div></div>

Ditto, Brother. FL has price gouging laws. A few years ago after a hurricane knocked out power for a few weeks, a guy up north had a great idea. He bought a truck load of generators and set up beside the highway selling them for twice what he paid. People were lined up to buy. The local do-gooders dropped a dime, he was arrested and no one got a generator.

Don't like the price, don't buy. I have a pretty good stash of primers, but I wouldn't consider selling any for less than $200 per K (except close friends, of course).

In the right situation, I would pay more than double for a generator, and thank him for the transaction.

I am loving the "unqualified" capitalist viewpoint, am hearing it less frequently these days. I know our days are numbered in this go-round, but I can still appreciate those who refuse to let it go.

A toast to you gent's!

The local do-gooders dropped a dime, he was arrested and no one got a generator.

This is what I like to hear.

I have a pretty good stash of primers, but I wouldn't consider selling any for less than $200 per K

I'd like to be in the desert with water and you need some.

You are glad he got arrested and noone got a generator?
You will sell primers for $200.00/1000 but bash anyone someone else who sells for less than you because it's gouging?
You relish the thought of refusing water?

You must be a very popular guy.

Well after offering them for what I paid($30 a brick) and then bastards trying to get me down on that price, I quit trying to help. If I sell anymore they are going to be expensive. I dont care if I sell them or not. A man asked me about 3000 yesterday and I told him he could get them for a new RCBS Chargemaster. oh shit he didnt like the price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: engineerairborne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your failure to plan does not constitute an emergency on my part. </div></div>
Agreed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: engineerairborne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you do have any large pistol or large rifle for sale send me a PM with an offer.
</div></div>

Where are you located?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They *will* backorder for you. Price is now $30/1,000. Add your hazmat and shipping and you're up to $60/1000.

Pay anything more than that, and what you're buying is less of a wait time. </div></div>

My stop in at Cabelas was even more expensive. I can "pre-order" primers at $47 per thousand. Not a bargain anyway you look at it. Obviously I passed on that "deal".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They *will* backorder for you. Price is now $30/1,000. Add your hazmat and shipping and you're up to $60/1000.

Pay anything more than that, and what you're buying is less of a wait time. </div></div>

My stop in at Cabelas was even more expensive. I can "pre-order" primers at $47 per thousand. Not a bargain anyway you look at it. Obviously I passed on that "deal".

</div></div>

Post Falls I take it. It is one of my least favorite stores. I try to stay out of there. Everyone else is cheaper and usually have more primers and powder in stock

What primers are you ordering that they are 47 per 1000? there web site has them listed much cheaper then that.
I'm getting 5000 win.LPP and 5000 Win.LRP after tax shipping, and Haz fees 360. That is 3.6 cents a primer.

Do share where you are getting primers right now that are IN STOCK. Lots of places to back order from...none in stock...oh...and call CCI...12-18 months at a minimum before they are caught up!?!?

Peace,Stan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are glad he got arrested and noone got a generator?
You will sell primers for $200.00/1000 but bash anyone someone else who sells for less than you because it's gouging?

</div></div>

I am, and the people that know me understand I have principals and I treat people that deserve it with honor & respect. The rest.....well, payback can be a medivac. Watching someone like you who would screw a mouse if it was caught in a trap, beg for water in the desert. Wouldn't bother me for one eye blink.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are glad he got arrested and noone got a generator?

</div></div>

I am, and the people that know me understand I have principals and I treat people that deserve it with honor & respect. The rest.....well, payback can be a medivac. Watching someone like you who would screw a mouse if it was caught in a trap, beg for water in the desert. Wouldn't bother me for one eye blink. </div></div>

I think you fail to understand. I'm not interested in selling primers. If I needed cash and someone were willing to pay my price, I'd let them go. If a friend needed primers (or water), I'd give them to him.

Our country's capitalist system is based on supply and demand (at least it used to be). A product is worth no more or less than someone is willing to pay. If I needed water badly enough, I would pay your price or do without. That's the way it works.

I don't recall bashing anyone who sells for less and I'm not sure how that could be considered gouging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: engineerairborne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. </div></div>

Fill out your profile.

hmmmm, just checked my supply closet. i can't seem to see any primer shortage. in fact, i think i'm fine for another 5 years or so. many smart people filled up in feb 08 after the last "shortage" died down. remember last year when you couldn't get a 210m/100/br2 to save your soul? well if you didn't buy as much as you could afford when they became available, then i have little pity for you.

however; what is going on right now is not capitalism, it's price fixing. if you really believe that the manufactures are doing all they can to make more, you are delusional. both federal and cci just laid off around 80 guys each from their primer divisions. explain why you fire workers when you have 6-8 month back orders if you're actually trying to catch up? you don't. just like gas last summer, the price is being driven higher by artificially limited supply and the ensuing panic amongst those who were ill prepared for it.

the solution? instead of paying the prices to "stock up", buy only what you need to get by and save the rest of your money. that way you'll actually be able to afford to stock up, when it gets back to business as usual.

despite the whining, they can't keep making primers at high prices if no one buys them. and their isn't really a government conspiracy to deny you primers. between all the guys on this site and others, i'm sure we know enough government employees that if the rumors were true we'd have some evidence by now. stop panicking, eventually this to shall pass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are glad he got arrested and noone got a generator?

</div></div>

I am, and the people that know me understand I have principals and I treat people that deserve it with honor & respect. The rest.....well, payback can be a medivac. Watching someone like you who would screw a mouse if it was caught in a trap, beg for water in the desert. Wouldn't bother me for one eye blink. </div></div>
I have no problem taking you on your word of your posession of freinds in quantity now that you made that clear.
You presume to know me well given your idea of my sexual nature and my willingness to beg. Not sure if the frst part was a threat or internet bravado, or something else entirely, not that it matters.

I was pointing out the apparent hipocracy of your willingness, as stated, to charge whatever you desire for "your" primers while damning others for doing the very same thing....along with the desire to see noone get a generator: everyone must suffer unless everyone is willing to give.
Since you owe water to noone, I make no judgement call on that. Kindness is a free-will thing.... So be it.

If you have no desire to understand me, I will certainly live with the burden.
If your desire is to be understood as just and fair, you have failed to gain mine.
Respect is earned or taught by leading, following, or mutual understanding.
I am listening.

Pampa Reloading in Pampa, TX had a variety of primers a few weeks ago and might be worth calling. 806-665-6943&#8206;

This is a part-time business only open evenings and Saturday. Don't know if they can ship, though.

I placed a backorder 2 months ago with Midsouth Shooters Supply. I got a call 2 days ago. They were in and shipping. This federal gm210 primers. On their site it says it would not been instock until 2010. I almost canceled my order a few times. I thought another 1 1/2 years is not going to cut it. Glad I didn't. Keep trying they are there. Good Luck

Dan,

Reason was it was just no getting to you, there was NO GAS SHORTAGE in this country last year....................period.
Folks held back crude, and refining..................to keep the prices UP.

Just like NOW......................there are ships anchored off the coasts, FULL to the brim, and underwater tanks loaded to the brim...........

All being stored for when prices GO BACK UP.

This is a fact.

Grump, Bro, your not thinking if your gonna just buy a 1000 primers, and pay HazMat/Shipping...........

Get at least a case, or some powder if needed..........

As we all can see, you can never have enough of either.
I haven't bought any pistol primers for YEARS..........

I thought I had enough.........lg/Sm, maybe a 2k..............
total..............well, if you shoot pistol like I do when i shoot pistols, it's 500 a pop, so.......I am screwed...........and i will be damned of I pay $60.00 for a 1k primers.........
Get case/s, and sell to friends.....to make it less expensive for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They *will* backorder for you. Price is now $30/1,000. Add your hazmat and shipping and you're up to $60/1000.</div></div>

I am surprised to see how many capitalist supporters turn communist when something effects them.

There has been primer, powder and ammo shortages in the past, those that were reloading at the time knew this and restocked when the prices went back down. I do believe that supply will catch up eventually, when? Who knows. I wasn't around for the last shortage but have talked to many many reloaders that kept on telling me to stock up on supplies as it will dry up again, and I am glad that I did. Partially because I saw no sense of ordering 2-3 primers and having to pay hazmat on top of it. It's not that hard to make hazmat weight when you have a couple of friends that reload also. I have no intentions of selling any of my stock pile but I have sold a couple of thousand primers to local friends and even given away 1K Federal 210s to a coworker. Will I ever get a replacement? I don't know, but it's not that big of a deal to me because I prepared accordingly.

Just caught this post. I live in Sac. also. Need some LR mag primers. Got any leads for local? Thanks

Also sending PM in case you're sleeping! LOL

these are popping up in 4-5 k bunches all over but when you try to get them there all gone
itsd like wacking the weasles at chucky cheese. if you find them good luck I have found none in 4 months
Good luck
Bill