• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do they make a 12-round AW magazine?

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    I just got a new custom action that supports AW mags, and noticed that the mag catch is different, so I can't run both AW and AICS mags interchangeably on my chassis. For 12-round PRS stages, I was hoping I could run some sort of AW+Extender or 12 round AW magazine, but I can't seem to find any... so that leads me just back to running my AICS 10/12 mags.

What do people generally do in PRS/Comps who are running AW? Just hand feed the 2 rounds from the quiver?

AW mags hold 11 rounds. Use a sap 2 round holder. File the back of the follower to a round edge and hand feed that 12th round

AW mags hold 11 rounds. Use a sap 2 round holder. File the back of the follower to a round edge and hand feed that 12th round
    So he’s good on the 2 round holder with the hoptic quiver. no reason to mess with that follower. You can single feed that 12th round no problem. Unless there’s something you know that I don’t. I’ve ran the same setup mag and chassis he has. Just a different aw cut action.

Reactions: lash
    So he’s good on the 2 round holder with the hoptic quiver. no reason to mess with that follower. You can single feed that 12th round no problem. Unless there’s something you know that I don’t. I’ve ran the same setup mag and chassis he has. Just a different aw cut action.

I run a tempest and with factory followers and an empty mag the bolt won’t go forward without depressing the follower. Filing a rounded edge instead of square let’s the bolt slide over the follower

I run a tempest and with factory followers and an empty mag the bolt won’t go forward without depressing the follower. Filing a rounded edge instead of square let’s the bolt slide over the follower
    I just thought about that too. It’s the three lug right? Good to know thank you.

Ah good to know, yeh my Terminus is a 3 lug and it looks like I can run the bolt just fine on an empty mag so I should be good to just feed that round.

I guess time to trade another AICS mag for an AW so I can at least have a backup mag during a match :)

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Last edited:
    Area 419 offers AICS mag extender. I have 6 of them and they work great.
    When first install, you need to stretch the follower spring. Do it a little at a time or you will find it too extended and will not be able to get the full load.

When first install, you need to stretch the follower spring. Do it a little at a time or you will find it too extended and will not be able to get the full load.

Umm...AW mags have a welded on floor plate.

AW magazines...are welded

We made a 12 AW mag. Cut the majority of the floor plate out, added the 419 extension, the factory follower spring goes through the cut out and into the extension. Feed an Ultimatum 12 rounds no problem.

A twelve round AW mag would be nice, though I usually have no problem running the extra round out of the quiver in my Stiller TAC 30 AW.