• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do Weaver top mounts work on your RF tech rail?

ba_50

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2007
Illinois
Hi

The way I understand it Weaver style mounts are supposed to work on Pic rails. I've tried 4 Weaver top mounts on my CZ 452 and there is no way they are going to get tight on this rail. Their see-throughs will since they are split and will pull in tight. After looking at Weaver's catalog, it looks like most are made the same way as mine. If Weaver rings won't work, why would anybody elses? Please explain.

I contacted Rimfire Technologie's help desk 2x but couldn't get a specific answer. I also sent a pm message to Hot rod tonight.

Thanks.

Re: Do Weaver top mounts work on your RF tech rail?

My experience with mixing mil spec rails and weaver spec mounts has sucked.
Once I switched to Warne Milspecs all the troubles vanished. Plus they are QD and about bulletproof. Get em' from Brownells if you have a business letterhead at a good discount.
DPMS TAC 16" 308 1.2-4 Trijicon w/Warnes on milspec rail

DSCN2714.jpg

Mr. Humble,

I started a post on Rimfire Central under Optics, Scopes etc. Messing with scope height measurments, different rings, rails and so forth is a real pain! No answers yet.

It sounds like a crap shoot.

Best bet for real experts is to call Brownell's and ask for tech support. 800-741-0015
They have guys there who really "know it all."