• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you carry while at the gym?

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    Figure this would get out of hand so I’m posting in the pit.

Couple of guys have a disagreement at the LA Fitness in Edina.

Shooter leaves, and comes back strapped. Flashes gun in the gym, fires a round and leaves.

That said, do you carry at the gym? I can’t imagine many people do, nor can I imagine how the hell you would do it without going open carry.

I lift in a gym at work or my setup in my basement. Chance of getting shot lifting are very minimal. Most of all I don’t have to put up with the standard bs in gyms or the crowd. Nobody sitting on machines playing on their phones, no guy who sweats profusely and doesn’t wipe off equipment and no kids feeling the need to record everything they do there.

If you did carry a super compact gun and extremely well secured would be the ticket. Should it fall out or get exposed you’ll likely create more issues than you want. Not to mention it will rust if you sweat

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    I have a S&W .38 Airweight that is my dedicated “gym bag” gun. It stays in there all the time. Never been remotely close to needing it, but it’ll be there when I do. And before anyone tries to start the usual bullshit, I do not put my bag in a locker or leave it unattended. It stays with me throughout the workout.

I bought my own Exc equipment long ago as I could not deal any longer with the shit heads at the gym. No matter what time I would go, from 0230 to 2200 it was always some group of look at me fucks. Converted one bedroom into same & have full control over what movie, or music I want on. No miles on the trucks, can dress how I want, work out when I want, weapons within arms reach, win/win.
    After the tread mill, upper body & bike, I can walk across the haul, shower then whatever.

I keep my gun in my gym bag which is always next to me when working out. If your gym allows members to carry their bag around you could consider doing that.

Not while working out, there are to many things around me I can use with the Attention span with most people today.

Like others, here, I don't go to a gym. I have some equipment at home. Frankly, I don't use it as much as I should, anyway!

Last edited:
    If I carry my duffle bag with me on the floor I’ll put my Glock it it but I don’t carry on me

I've thought about getting a small duffle to keep a gun in. I hate not being armed. And there's a surprising number of shooters at my gym. I would never have guessed looking at them