• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

do you own both bolt and gas precision rifles ...

Re: do you own both bolt and gas precision rifles ...

I got both but the precision AR is lacking behind the bolt guns in the accuracy department especialy considering the money I have invested in it.

1- AR15/2 uppers(223/6.5)
1- AR10/2 uppers(308/260)
1- Surgeon/2 barrels(308/260AI)

I shoot both, but the gassers aren't what I'd consider "precision" rifles, they are just rack-grade AR-15 bullet launchers.

2 AR15 .223
1 LR308 .308
1 Rem700/AICS .308
1 Sav. 12BVSS .243
1 Barrett 99 .50BMG

Most the other crap is more for slinging lead than longrange.

Well for now the AR is the only rifle I have that I can say with certanty will hit exactly what I'm aiming at. the others still shoot but not to that degree

I own both but prefer the gas gun. I will admit the gas gun is harder to shoot well and is less forgiving than a bolt but once you get locked on it 's well worth it.

I owned an AR10 with the bull barrel and it was very accurate but not nearly as accurate as my Crusader.

Re: do you own both bolt and gas precision rifles

I have a Robinson XCR, it will throw two rounds at .3 then every time the third will be .5 of the original group. Makes it an easy .75 gun......With American eagle 55 grain cheap shit....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sleeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Robinson XCR, it will throw two rounds at .3 then every time the third will be .5 of the original group. Makes it an easy .75 gun......With American eagle 55 grain cheap shit.... </div></div>

Wait until you work up some good loads for it!

im back looking for another gas gun.

possibly the armalite SASS

Gas guns are 7.62 and the bolt guns are for anything that requires a long action.

LR-10
DPMS SASS
FN XP
and a few others
BUSHMASTER BA-50

I have bolts for precision, but am waiting for the perfect deal on a gas gun. Someday.

Just got into gas gun for precision. I must say that I love my POF. It has a few minors kinks that needed to be ironed out, but it's definitely MOA or better. I am sure the operator is the major limitation. I am more of a bolt gun guy, but the POF rifle really impresses me.

Bolt only for now, hope to get my hands on a LMT MWS soon enough.

I am in process of building a 20in WOA barrelled precision AR and just picked up a r700 AAC-SD. AR will be more for 0-600yds and the r700 100-800yds since I am limited to factory ammo....for now

1x MK12
1x GAP ar10
1x DTA SRS

only bolt, by law not by choice.
semis are illeigal here.

but given if i was in the states. it'd still be bolt only for precision rifles due to cost. from what i've gathered here precision autos cost rediculous amounts compared to precsion boltguns of the same accuracy level.

Like Zia Shooter 1 said, two jobs-two guns!

1 - Bolt (now) AI AE
1 - Gas Rockriver Varmint (It shoots very well now. I had some issues from the get go, but, PRI Carbon Fiber Forearm and Intermediate Rail rectified that!) Shoots almost as well as my AI, just tiny bullets! Perfect for the job it was made for though.

DPMS LR308
Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker
Norinco Mak90

Still trying to figure the LR308 out, so inconsistant with it. Definitely more practice required.

Not really precision but I have a
16" bull barrel dpms for varmints
rem 700 223AI
Ltr in 308.

TRG 22 and a Devine TX National Match M1A. The TRG is at least a 0.5" or better shooter. The Devine TX is 0.75" shooter

I own both, but I prefer the bolt gun for most work.

The three precision rifles I have been working the most with are the AE MkII, M700 and Noveske Barreled AR10.

I enjoy shooting the AR10, but I don't feel I am able to run it with the same proficiency that I can with my bolt guns.

It's something I am working on.

I am fine with AR15's but that platform is more forgiving than the AR10. The AE sets a high bar for accuracy and is extremely easy to shoot.

Bolt....APA/Patriot .243
Gas....POF .308 16"

The bolt gun is an absolute tack driver but the POF at sub MOA is a real fun gun to shoot. I have to make myself not shoot it fast. I can drive the bolt gun much more consistently but I am getting better with the POF.

I only own a precision bolt. I did have a precision AR10 from GAP but had to sell it during some hard times, had to make the mortgage while work was slow. I would like another precision gas gun but I just can't muster the gumption to put the cash into it when I am still mastering my current precision rifle and getting so much enjoyment out of it.