• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

do you think I could put my rem 700 bolt in the tumbler to take off the coating?

long range newbie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2013
Oregon
Its rem 700 s/a with still the same stock coating on it and its worn off a lot on the bolt but I'm wondering if I tumbled it if it would come off, and if its ok to do so

That won't work! Just tie it behind your PU and drive down a gravel road about 50 miles! Should come out OK!!

Idk I think I need to go tie it to a sand car and drive for 2 days straight then take it out, it should come out more shiny than anything you''ve ever seen

Its rem 700 s/a with still the same stock coating on it and its worn off a lot on the bolt but I'm wondering if I tumbled it if it would come off, and if its ok to do so

Media blast it, but be sure to protect your bolt face and lugs. I am sure there are places near you that would do it cheap. 20 minute job including prep.

Have someone bead blast it with 120 grit aluminum oxide. This is the prep that is done before Cerakote application. I have done this many times, including the lugs, and you will be fine.

Regards, Paul

Boltlfuting.com

best bet is to take it somewhere. it will only take them a few minutes and they shouldn't charge to much. are you getting it coated? most guys will prep it like that before they paint it anyways