• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you think Midway lies about there expecte date?

LSUbeatUby40

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Seriously.. They expected to have 210M primers by today, but that didn't happen and now that date is of next monday..

Glad I got in on the graf's and sons CCI BR-2 primers yesterday..

Re: Do you think Midway lies about there expecte date?

Probably not.

There's a big difference between lying and just being wrong.

There is at least one layer between Hodgdon and Midway. Then there's the fact that Hodgdon gets theirs for ADI. Plenty of chances in there for the happy phone call of "it's shipping right now" to be followed up by "the driver took a wrong turn and spent two days at the Cottontail Ranch!"

Or other such snafus.

I have been watching the Hornady LNL Concentricity gage since January. They keep moving the date 1 week or 2 weeks at a time. I finally called Hornady directly to inquire where I could purchase it. Hornady informed me it will not even be out until June/July time frame. Midway still shows expected in March.

I have 8 parts, simple things like a bushings and primer pocket uniformer, rear rest bag, etc that have been on backorder since 1-25-09.

I think they just do not want to discourage their clients, so they bump dates 1 week or 2 at a time.

Know a few folks that are disapointed that Midway's inventory computer "lied" about Varget Powder....

Re: Do you think Midway lies about there expecte d

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarkFuller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been watching the Hornady LNL Concentricity gage since January. They keep moving the date 1 week or 2 weeks at a time. I finally called Hornady directly to inquire where I could purchase it. Hornady informed me it will not even be out until June/July time frame. Midway still shows expected in March.

I have 8 parts, simple things like a bushings and primer pocket uniformer, rear rest bag, etc that have been on backorder since 1-25-09.

I think they just do not want to discourage their clients, so they bump dates 1 week or 2 at a time. </div></div>

thats what I mean. Every week I anticipate them getting something and when that day comes it is pushed back another week.. I guess Lied was the wrong word.. Maybe exaggerate is what I should have said..

I don't think it is lying...in todays enviroment they ae balancing orders with unpredicatble distrubution from their vendors. I ordered (or thought I did) someIMR 4895, I specifically asked is it in stock. They said yes. A few days later I get an email saying my order was cancelled because it is not in stock. I flip out, but was willing to hear their side, well it was in stock at the factory (according to their inventory) Midway was drop shipping from there. But it turns out it was not. Anyway, don't bank on anything until it is in your hands!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MarkFuller said:
Every week I anticipate them getting something and when that day comes it is pushed back another week.. I guess Lied was the wrong word. Maybe exaggerate is what I should have said....</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">Uncertainty</span> comes to mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winchester 69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MarkFuller said:
Every week I anticipate them getting something and when that day comes it is pushed back another week.. I guess Lied was the wrong word. Maybe exaggerate is what I should have said....</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">Uncertainty</span> comes to mind. </div></div>

that too..

Had a similar issue with a Hornady LNL AP press. After a couple of months worth of rolling backorder delays I ordered one from Cabela's (backordered) and it was delivered within a week of their original estimate, and a month prior to the last date I was given by Midway before I canceled the order. Midway's been great with stuff that they have in stock; backorders not so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarkFuller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been watching the Hornady LNL Concentricity gage since January. They keep moving the date 1 week or 2 weeks at a time. I finally called Hornady directly to inquire where I could purchase it. Hornady informed me it will not even be out until June/July time frame. Midway still shows expected in March.

I think they just do not want to discourage their clients, so they bump dates 1 week or 2 at a time. </div></div>

thats what I mean. Every week I anticipate them getting something and when that day comes it is pushed back another week.. I guess Lied was the wrong word.. Maybe exaggerate is what I should have said..
</div></div>

I've seen similar bumps in dates at Midsouth and others. Hoarding is messing everything up.

Going off topic. I'd like to request a poster size image of your avatar for my reloading room.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LSUbeatUby40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarkFuller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been watching the Hornady LNL Concentricity gage since January. They keep moving the date 1 week or 2 weeks at a time. I finally called Hornady directly to inquire where I could purchase it. Hornady informed me it will not even be out until June/July time frame. Midway still shows expected in March.

</div></div>

I've seen similar bumps in dates at Midsouth and others. Hoarding is messing everything up.

Going off topic. I'd like to request a poster size image of your avatar for my reloading room.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Have at it..

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/jason06sti/?action=view&current=sexy_girls_blue_car.jpg

Actually what is happening is that the product comes in inventory, but 100% of it goes to backorders, and thus never becomes "Available", and you dont get an email. If you want some, you need to backorder it. I know this firsthand.

Hell Yes, they lie ! Why would they tell you that your item won't be in 'til June. That way you keep hoping... rather than looking for it somewhere else.
I could also see some of the "updaters" sittin' around, talkin' and doing the whole.." just bump it back a few more weeks, if they ( the customer ) really want's it he'll wait.."

I'd bet it happens more now then it used to.

They are selling from an empty basket.

They are more than willing to take your money and have use of it for a week on orders that they say they have in stock at the time the order is placed [ie. my Varget order last week].

I call that a loan!!

It is a sorry way to do business in my book.
Tell me you don't have it or it is backordered....don't lie to me saying it is in stock!!

rant off...HA!

wes

I placed a order and everything was in stock when I checked out. Then when the package arrived 5 small cheap items were backordered. didn't think much about it untill the $2.00 items started to trickle in one at a time with $3.00 ship&hand charges. So be careful about putting multiple items on back order. Mr. Butterfield will get in your pocket with shit like that.

I remember the good ole days when they had most everything and didn't charge for shipping. I have been burned by the backorder shipping scam there too. I order from them as a last resort now.

I've had only one bad experience with Midway. I ordered an item and it went on back order. I then found it else where and cheaper. So I canceled my order with them and ordered from another source. Midway then sent the item months later. One I did not like the fact their computer did not except my cancelation. And two if an item takes months to arrive later than first stated they should have a system to require the customer to reply to an email to complete the order.
Rant off. I do believe they are trying to do good and that they are just swamped like many other companies in the business these days. Also they need badly to do some thing with their web sight as it sucks ass. I buy only 10% of the stuff from them now compaired to just a few years ago.

MidwayUSA sucks balls and Larry Potterfield putting his face on everything tells you plenty about what kind of an operation he's running.