• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you think there would be a demand for custom rimfire like this?

Easa

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2020
Slovakia, EU
Hello guys,

So, in the meantime of waiting for my rifle to be finished, i had this crazy idea of building a custom rimfire from scratch, something based on my design, something based on modified but existing designs, that would result in something completely new. A precision rimfire for long range, with a quick and reliable action, 50-60° bolt throw, heavy palma barrel ranging from 16 to 26", Tikka or R700 style trigger mechanism, reliable feeding and ejecting, enlarged ejector port for better single shot shooting if deemed necessary, practically no stock - there would be only receiver with folding / removable buttstock and a fortmeier style bipod. Integrated scope rail with cant. Maybe a quick release barrel system, so the rifle would have multi-caliber and takedown ability?

Think of something similar to EDM Windrunner downscaled to rimfire level.

unnamed.jpg

So, what are your opinions? Building a prototype is one thing, but could this really have its own customer base?

-It needs rails.
-You could say that FX Impact design is kind of an improved version of that.
-having the bipod apex that low makes it maybe DMR stylish gun, it gets a bit wobbly with that?
-It needs adjustable LOP and cheek piece.

The facts that point out I do not understand this rifle design:
-lack of sling attach points, if you want a light gun, you will carry it, ergo you want to sling it?
If not, why buy the lightened version?

Personally, I have exactly zero desire to own (or even shoot) an EDM Windrunner, either as a centerfire or as a rimfire. I should point out that I rarely find myself in need of carrying my sniper rifle, concealed, thru a busy office building so that I can set up my FFP on the roof... YMMV.