• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do yourself a favor and get a pair of Gatorz glasses

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I've had every pair of glasses, goggles, goggle hybrids you can think of. I have a glass selection in my at home 'cage' that looks like I'm a pop up Sunglass Hut.

Ended up trying a pair of these after hearing great things about them from people that have used them and beaten the shit out of them. The other selling point is I wanted something that would work during the day, and not have me grabbing a second clear set for night time vehicle fun. Ended up with the Magnums with the 'Inferno' anti fog photochromatic that are activated by UV light. During the day they tint but not too dark, at night or in low light, they go clear and do not react to nightvision as light.

Made out of some quality aluminum, you can slightly bend them to fit better. After a few minutes I have them basically comfortable but stuck to the side of my head. Thin enough to wear under NV duals without having to move them forward as well as wearing a helmet with peltors as they fit right into the earcups. They are thinner/take up less space than the Smith Optics 'boogie' goggles I'd wear via a bungee strap attached to a port on the back of the helmet rail.

Unlike ANY other clear lenses, these are actually clear to the point you don't know you're wearing them as they don't have the clear yet slightly 'off' view through them like you're looking through clear tape or something.

The version I have are ANSI Z87.1 compliant which is important if on a vehicle (or if shit is going to blow up near you).

So basically, lighter, more adjustable, more versitile, higer quality with every feature you could possibly want, all in a single pair of glasses for whatever condition you'll be shooting in.

Have been wearing Gatorz for years. I purchased mine at the Marine Corps Exchange at Camp Pendleton. I wear the same style in the smoked. Might have to try the photochromic.

got a couple pairs and honestly dont like them. I prefer my magpul glasses over them by far.

Just signed for a GovX account.

I do need to get some good shooting glasses. Something that wont be scratched to shit first use.

Id like to get something I can RX though.

I have been running my issued oakleys for a while. I dig the polarized. I might try those gators out.

@NateSavannah Can you say what you don't like about them?

I spend 40+ hours per week teaching firearms down the road from you. Good eyepro is a must.

Thanks
    honestly most of it was the metal frames. on long sweaty hard days theyd start rubbing the top of my ears raw to where I couldnt wear them anymore. also even tho they are aluminum they feel alot heavier than plastic glasses.

Reactions: WB300
    Just signed for a GovX account.

I do need to get some good shooting glasses. Something that wont be scratched to shit first use.

Id like to get something I can RX though.
    Not sure why rifle shooters mess around w commercial sunglasses or cheap safety glasses while most shotgunners recognize the need for high quality actual shooting glasses.

Look at Randolph Engineering...Of the referred to S Randolph Rangers as that was their leading glasses for a good while.

I run Ranger XLs, they stay off the face to negate fogging, the lens are high quality and NOT safety glass quality, interchangeable lenses, very wide range of lens tinting and coating, etc.

Look to Randolph’s site for details but I highly recommend LM Lenses as a retail source.

Not sure why rifle shooters mess around w commercial sunglasses or cheap safety glasses while most shotgunners recognize the need for high quality actual shooting glasses.

Look at Randolph Engineering...Of the referred to S Randolph Rangers as that was their leading glasses for a good while.

I run Ranger XLs, they stay off the face to negate fogging, the lens are high quality and NOT safety glass quality, interchangeable lenses, very wide range of lens tinting and coating, etc.

Look to Randolph’s site for details but I highly recommend LM Lenses as a retail source.

Price?

Good enough for TheGerman is good enough for a poor like me. Just picked up a pair to try out.

Reactions: Zorrosdens

Valid points but my needs incorporate more than just shooting.

I like the idea of the ballistic protection as a reloader - not a case of if, but when.

Often some of the classes I do have me do active stuff in any kind of weather. Early October the weather was hard rain in cool weather. I had to deal with water inside as well as outside of the glasses and having breath come up in between face and glass causing fog.

Im not even sure if the @TheGerman luxury model is what I want as the thinking is close to the face can also lead to fogging unless treated.

In scoped rifle Im generally an idiot and set my ocular to my lens prescription using just clear safety glasses in those cases.

Carbine using either a red dot or an ACOG I need to use my RX, especially the ACOG as I cant see the reticle in their non ocular adjusting design.

Those Randolphs look great but my game or useage is more along the lines of tactical and they may not have the frame for it.

If I showed up at a class say in Utah with the Randolphs likely an instructor with a southern German accent would promptly sit on them and say something like "These failed the minimum survivability test.".

Valid points but my needs incorporate more than just shooting.

I like the idea of the ballistic protection as a reloader - not a case of if, but when.

Often some of the classes I do have me do active stuff in any kind of weather. Early October the weather was hard rain in cool weather. I had to deal with water inside as well as outside of the glasses and having breath come up in between face and glass causing fog.

Im not even sure if the @TheGerman luxury model is what I want as the thinking is close to the face can also lead to fogging unless treated.

In scoped rifle Im generally an idiot and set my ocular to my lens prescription using just clear safety glasses in those cases.

Carbine using either a red dot or an ACOG I need to use my RX, especially the ACOG as I cant see the reticle in their non ocular adjusting design.

Those Randolphs look great but my game or useage is more along the lines of tactical and they may not have the frame for it.

If I showed up at a class say in Utah with the Randolphs likely an instructor with a southern German accent would promptly sit on them and say something like "These failed the minimum survivability test.".
    I do understand people have different needs for their shooting glasses and I can’t help you with an overweight southern German who may have had too many strudels. Haha

But as far as ballistic protection I can assure you that these types of lenses are very thick polycarbonate and will offer better protection than inexpensive safety glasses. I’m sure on the site you can find the ANSI rating. I have taken ricochets off of skeet targets and they weren’t even dinged.

And they are pretty durable. I’m wearing a frame to shoot rifles that’s at least 10 years old and were worn for many a hot and active skeet shot.

And, what you mentioned....humidity, fogging, etc...is what these type of glasses are particularly good at as they do stand off of the face.

But I’m not selling Rangers so not really trying to convince anybody. But I have tried a number of different glasses for rifles and I’m back to my old clays glasses. I even tried my Wiley X Rover II which I used to use on motorcycles. They too have interchangeable lenses but they were just too close to the face for humid Maryland summers.

I too have a light prescription and after some experimenting I too have adjusted my ocular to correct and wear plano lenses.

Toward the end of my long and def not illustrious skeet career, I did have prescription lenses made for my Rangers but that’s an expensive approach....especially if you want multiple colored lens sets and god help you if your prescription changes.

If you really want to gulp at price, look at Pilla eyewear!!

Best of luck, I’m sure you will find something that is best for you and your purposes...or Just compromise! Haha joking. LOL

Last edited:
    Not sure if serious.

PS

just fucking with you

You guys are gay. Operate or follow.
    tac glasses.jpg

@TheGerman is this actually a pyramid scheme where you try to tell us we can sell them as well and make more money than essential oils? Cause if so I’m all in.

Make sure theyre the transitions 'inferno' version. I paid much less than what the site says with a DoD discount.

inferno photocromic is 219, not sure about transitions but I’m sure you have acces to govx as well on top of that there is a extra 11% off for Veterans Day to bring it down to 203 shipped

Upgraded from pos M-Frame Oakleys to Gatorz Magnum about 3 months ago. I know its no comparison, but it was a great decision.
    Although, there is something to be said about owning eyes you just dont care about ruining.

Randolph Engineering, ranger falcon pro. Best shooting glasses I've ever had. Really well made.

Reactions: Baron23
    I'm with TheGerman ... haven't run the Magnums, but the Gatorz Wraptors changed my understanding of eyewear ... customizing the frame to the exact contours of my face was game-changing.