• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Docter mount.. cactus tactical? opinions ?

sweetbeard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2010
I need help want to buy a mount tonight or tomorrow and want to know if anyone has any experience with this DR mount..

will be using for a 3.5 moa docter optic.

looking for a slim rail or offset mount

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/gen-burkett-jpdoc-offset-mount-p-2244.html

jp-doc.jpg

or any suggestions for a better mount?

Re: Docter mount.. cactus tactical? opinions ?

I use that same one and it works great with both Docter and Burris Fastfire MRDs. The one you are referencing is the Gen 2 version which registers to the rail more securely than the Gen 1 version. You can mount it left or right as it is reversible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.Draig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use that same one and it works great with both Docter and Burris Fastfire MRDs. The one you are referencing is the Gen 2 version which registers to the rail more securely than the Gen 1 version. You can mount it left or right as it is reversible.</div></div>

you wouldn't happen to have a picture of it mounted would ya

I had the opportunity to put hands on this mount at the Lonestar match. From what I saw it looked very well built and protected the optic well.

Im looking into picking one up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sweetbeard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.Draig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use that same one and it works great with both Docter and Burris Fastfire MRDs. The one you are referencing is the Gen 2 version which registers to the rail more securely than the Gen 1 version. You can mount it left or right as it is reversible.</div></div>

you wouldn't happen to have a picture of it mounted would ya </div></div>

I can post some tomorrow

These show the Burkett offset mount on a P308. It's pretty quick to rotate the rifle and use. I used to have it mounted behind the scope mount, but I get a better sight picture with it mounted further forward.

BurkettOffset-2.jpg

BurkettOffset-3.jpg

BurkettOffset-4.jpg

Cool... looks like a solid buy to me..

THX

Cool, got the Burkett mount, pretty happy with the fit and finish!

DSC06601.jpg

DSC06604.jpg