• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Docter optic for 3 gun question

jaycoux

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Central Texas
I see that there are 2 diferent moa dots on the docter. I was looking for some feedback from those of you who run this optic canted to the side. I think I would prefer the larger 7 moa dot. Does anybody prefer the 3.5, and if so, why?

Also, I noticed that a few sites have the trijicon docter sight available for about 150USD more than the docter on swfa.com. the only thing I can see diferent is the more expensive one seems to be tagged to trijicon. Can anyone peovide insight on this. I know swfa is good but that good? Something is weird .

Jay

Re: Docter optic for 3 gun question

i recently got a 3.5 model for a good price and started looking for mounts etc. they must not be importing it or something because it is very scarce in the accessory dept.
however, i had been told by a pistol shooter that 7 moa models are the way to go for handgun/ speed shooting applications.

Re: Docter optic for 3 gun question

you are much better off with the 7moa, even for rifle use. the larger dot is easier to pick up, and is good enough for out to 100 to still hit the target.

most of the trijicons have the dual illumination feature.