• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dodge Rambox "gun holster"

Fursniper

Captain, USMM (retired)
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Arizona
Anyone tried/own one of these? Just got a new Dodge Ram pickup with the "rambox" side storage compartments. Apparently Mopar parts makes a rifle rack (which they call a "holster") that fits down inside the rambox storage that holds two rifles in each secured compartment. Don't know how long these have been out but it looks pretty cool in the pictures I've seen. In the pictures it looks like hunting type rifles being used. Wondering if a tactical style/A5 type of wider forearm stocks/chassis will work with these? Anyone have any experience on this?. Don't want to drop $250 for one if it's just "gimmicky" but the concept is intriguing for securing rifles in a locked and out of sight compartment for range trips, etc. It would offer fast access for up to 4 rifles without taking up space in the backseat passenger area or trying to combine bagged rifles in the pickup bed with steel targets & stands and all the other stuff I haul out to a field shoot.

no personal experience......but it looks to be a standard 'U' mount......so i dont see any reason you couldnt hold an AR15 or a chassis rifle.
81J5dMi1I9L._SX355_.jpg
s-l300.jpg

i will say, $250 looks awfully expensive for what youre getting......if youre reasonably handy, i recon youd be able to make one for around $60-70 easily

no personal experience......but it looks to be a standard 'U' mount......so i dont see any reason you couldnt hold an AR15 or a chassis rifle.

i will say, $250 looks awfully expensive for what youre getting......if youre reasonably handy, i recon youd be able to make one for around $60-70 easily

Yeah, I may try and fabricate something. Was just curious if an A5 Type of forearm would fit in that U mount, it looks pretty narrow. Depends on how flexible it is I guess.

so you actually inspired me......mounted this up this afternoon, will definitely fit an A5 forearm

20170628_154440.jpg

so you actually inspired me......mounted this up this afternoon, will definitely fit an A5 forearm

Glad I at least could provide SOMEBODY some inspiration lol. Looks good and thanks for the info. How did you come up with the Mopar "holster" so quickley??

its actually a gun mount from Tractor supply mounted in my trucks tool box........but the composition of the rubber on the bracket looks exactly the same as the MOPAR mount

its actually a gun mount from Tractor supply mounted in my trucks tool box........but the composition of the rubber on the bracket looks exactly the same as the MOPAR mount

Aahhaaaa......you are on to something here! I've got to look into that, bet it was a whole lot cheaper too. Thanks mcameron.

I've searched the Tractor Supply website for this, no joy. Any chance you have a part or model #??

yup, the Coleman mount is what i used.....took all of like 20 minutes to install.