• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Does Anybody Remember the FX movie described below

j-huskey

Jafo / Instigator !
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2001
AL
none
Soldier (SF type) in Iraq? or where-ever is called in by command and told his wife and child have been shot by drug dealer. Soldier warned not to take matters into his own hands.

Soldier goes home, buries wife, child is on life-support. Soldier meets with Detective, black female, single mom with son. Soldier and Detective stonewalled by DEA type.

DEA type (ugly white male looks like a professional wrestler) is protecting the dealer.

The Detective's son, little street thug is semi-coerced into helping the soldier find the dealer. Lots of other drama, son's friend is killed for his shoes, he looks for pistol to shoot the killer, etc, and his comments to the soldier are half comedy.

I saw part of this movie, didn't catch the name, and want to see the rest of it. No clue to who is in it, except I know it's not John Cena, the Marine. No luck with Google, no joy on Block-buster walk-through.

Any help out there?

Re: Does Anybody Remember the FX movie described below

Did the google search on the "rock" and Dwayne Johnson, not him, THANKS. jw

Sounds a bit like "Above the Law" with Steven Seagal.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Review Summary and Plot Commentary about Above The Law
Above The Law is the movie that started it all for Steven Seagal. In Chicago, Nico Toscani (Seagal) is a good guy cop who messes with some really bad people dealing drugs on the streets. When he and his partner work to take them down and shut off their business, they take it out on his family, gunning down his pretty wife Sara (Stone) and young daughter in their house. Nico is removed from the case because it has hit too close to home (literally). That's when it gets personal and the bad guys are going to pay with their blood for taking on the wrong guy. His tough-as-nails partner Delores Jackson (Grier) can handle herself in tight spots, but even she begs for him to back away once it is learned that the CIA and local police are a part of the narcotics enterprise.

Displaying the prowess of a martial arts master with skills learned as a CIA agent in Vietnam, Nico breaks limbs, cracks teeth, shatters skulls, and lays waste to a score of the evil Zagon's (Silva) henchmen. He is overpowered, drugged, and tortured, but somehow Nico shows incredible endurance and concentration to overcome the effects of the powerful narcotics (heroin) he has been injected with before breaking free. A terrific chase sequence has the bad guys pursuing Nico on the elevated trains in Chicago before he moves in to settle the score with the criminal drug lord Zagon.
--David Fletcher, Resident Scholar </div></div>
http://www.allwatchers.com/Topics/info_28791.asp?BSID=130509497
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094602/

Not Segal either. Thanks. Much newer than Segal flick. I don't know what the name is, but I know which one is isn't. A week on Google and no luck.
I've found 2 people that saw it, but don't remember the name or the main actor, a new person to them and me.

Try www.imdb.com if you know someones name in it you'll find.

More frustration with both search engines. No joy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macgulley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could it be "Rockaway"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcIkohihrgU </div></div>

Not that either. No Joy, still looking.

Harsh Times?????

Thanks Krav, but that's not it either.

This is specifically a SF soldier who returns home after his wife and daughter are shot, wife dead, daughter on life support, dealer/shooter is protected by DEA or ATF, and B/F detective tries to help the soldier, and -subplot- her street wise son, 12-14 or so, is a runner for a dealer who is part of the dealer/shooter's organization, and the SF guy was worming his way into contact with the shooter through the kid. I didn't see further past this point.
The SF soldier is totally alone in his search except for the street kid. Unless it changes later in the end of the movie which I did not see.

SF Guy is white, DEA ATF is white, looks like a professional wrestler with long hair, dealer/shooter is hispanic, female detective and her son are black.
I don't remember what city or city type, don't remember ever seeing any of the actors before except the black kid and I don't have a clue who he is.

Trying to find this one out is driving me crazy.

Yeah, this one has me going effen crazy as well, because I saw about the same snippet as you did a while back. I would have swore up and down it was Harsh Times, but I guess not.

I'm considering contacting the FX channel for their listings, and tearing up the internet some more. This crazy ass movie question has me obsessed!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like it could be "The Marine" but I don't think his wife was killed....don't remember.

O.K., I just re-read the 1st post, not The Marine.

OK, 1995, One Man's Justice, Brian Bosworth. Blind luck finding it.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Funny how you lose things in your mind. This post brought back memories of the movie real clear, and how smart mouth the kids mouth was, and funny.
Looked at the trailers to Rockaway, and One Tough Bastard, and barely remembered seeing part of "One Tough Bastard" (One Mans Justice).
but decided to order and watch again. The trailers never showed the little black kid or his mom.
I still want to know..... ??

Last edited:
Bosworth, One Mans Justice, Drill Instructor, U.S. Army, loses wife n daughter, dirty FBI, bf detective, thug life son, decent flick.
Funny, took 10 years to buy it n watch it again...
Good Job Skookum.