• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone have experience with the Master Piece Arms / Bighorn action package?

mjsand44

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2017
Canada
I was looking at the MPA website and they offer bighorn action complete rifle at a really good price. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product.
Thank you.

I just purchased the MPA 6.5 in competition chassis. I have the Bighorn TL3 SA action, 26" MPA barrel, and the trigger tech diamond flat blade. I have 80 rounds thru it now with factory 6.5 140gr ammo and yes the rifle does shoot the 3/8 guarantee. I have had no problems so far, and will be trying handloads now that I have completed the recommended barrel break in. Message me if you need any more info. Thanks

MPA puts together a solid package, and they have a really nice accuracy guarantee (I'm not immediately aware of others with a 3/8 MOA guarantee, but I haven't been looking either). The action is great, the barrel is decent, and the chassis is also great.

Core also has them for sale. Might be easier to pick one up from them when they come in stock, besides waiting on a build. I have a TL3 in a MPA chassis but it is not from MPA.

Reactions: Rondogg
I got mine from Core. I spoke to MPA initially and their wait time was extensive. MPA suggested I call Core and I had my 6.5 in a week. I believe MPA supports Core and the selling of their rifles.