• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone have first hand information the Sunspot, NM closure of the observatory and post office?

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I was wondering if anyone had reliable or first hand information on the story that has been in the news the past couple days about the goings on in Sunspot, NM

Seems a bit interesting
    Evacuate & shut down the observatory
    Close the local post office
    Chase some people out from local residences
    FBI hanging around for some days
    Nobody saying anything about why.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...vacuation-insists-NOT-encountered-aliens.html

What seems strange is why did the local post office & some residences get cleared out as well?

Maxine Waters farted on the main floor. The facility might not ever be of use again.

Reactions: mardad
    Thinking out loud - what practical matters about government facilities - particularly two dissimilar government entities, would force a shut down?

Something stored and something frequently shipped that isn’t healthy to be around comes to mind.

Simple mismanagement / fraud / corruption would not seem to be reason to shut down an apple and an orange.

Last edited:
    Maybe the Russians want the uranium they paid the clinton foundation for, and that's where we used to keep it when we still had some.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
    That is up near Cloudcroft about 90 miles from me. Have not heard anything about this but if it includes the Post Office than it is not a far stretch for the imagination what might be going on. The FBI is in my building and I have not seen them now that I think about it.

Flip to 9:56 for some laughs

-
    Don't think this one will be as big a idiot magnet as the Jade Helm moron fest couple years back .
    this guys and idiot, and a internet conspiracy geek gold mine right there . True it's abandoned Fed. property . but No Keep Out, or Posted Security detail . Because there ' REALLY ' is nothing important to see here .

No, I'm in Roswell. This is very very important new development. Especially, that X-Files DVD up in there like that. I saw a Navy training flight coming on to Runway 17 and they disappeared. Strange shit going in. My fucking dogs are howling in broad daylight and that only happens at night.

It is pronounced your anus and they don't fuck around

No, I'm in Roswell. This is very very important new development. Especially, that X-Files DVD up in there like that. I saw a Navy training flight coming on to Runway 17 and they disappeared. Strange shit going in. My fucking dogs are howling in broad daylight and that only happens at night.

I knew you lived too close to Roswell.

I trade oil. There was a vessel called the Titan Uranus that I wanted to take on long term charter in order to put something thick, black and nasty in her. The price was right, but management said ‘No’

1536970743168.png

Also, could be this spreading around everybody there...

I'm not leaving my house, FBI or not.

As for what's going on...............

ancient-aliens.jpg

i'm thinking that some foreign (human) entity installed some sensors on the tower. The facility has existed for awhile but was just handed over to new management. New guys come in, start doing an inventory, and find some black boxes that aren't documented anywhere. The tower is in close proximity to other DoD/IC facilities, so it's reasonable to assume that sensors installed at the station could potentially be used to spy on those facilities.

BTW, the old man on the bench giving the STD public service announcement is Army Jerry's cock and scrutom with eyeballs.

This how all those Zombie movies start ...Where's Burt Gummer ?

He's been here all along, masquerading as AJ. When AJ got back from Alaska, they did the pod people body switch.

"Look to the skies..."

When they found him in Sunspot, he was doing just that....

Run Jerry, they're coming to take you awaaayyyy...!

Reactions: Maggot
    Aparently very large amounts of mercury are used, and the material is in a vat. If a thief gained entrance to the facility and stole mercury, he could cause havoc by dumping the mercury in a water supply or other sensitive area.

UPDATE 9/12/18 4PM PST The issue may be related to Mercury (the metal, not the planet). On a tip from a science journalist friend who covers telescopes and who has been there, I verified the observatory uses a vat of liquid mercury as a float bearing for the giant solar telescope. According to an internal NSO/NMSU document, that bearing is “high-risk” during maintenance. If there was a major mercury spill, it might explain why the Feds are there, with FBI providing security. The amount of Mercury is said to be in the “tens of gallons” range, which is next to impossible to come by in the commercial market these days, and if it were weaponized, it would make a very nasty dirty bomb. Perhaps there’s some security issue with the mercury on-site.

UPDATE 9/12/18 4PM PST The issue may be related to Mercury (the metal, not the planet). On a tip from a science journalist friend who covers telescopes and who has been there, I verified the observatory uses a vat of liquid mercury as a float bearing for the giant solar telescope. According to an internal NSO/NMSU document, that bearing is “high-risk” during maintenance. If there was a major mercury spill, it might explain why the Feds are there, with FBI providing security. The amount of Mercury is said to be in the “tens of gallons” range, which is next to impossible to come by in the commercial market these days, and if it were weaponized, it would make a very nasty dirty bomb. Perhaps there’s some security issue with the mercury on-site.

I wonder why then the local post office and some other residences were cleared out?

Probably nothing to do with anything, but last month the main mail sort center that services my area shut down for a week due to "Mercury spill" the amount was never confirmed, the initial news reports were some wild amount. No mail for almost a week.

I wonder why then the local post office and some other residences were cleared out?

Probably nothing to do with anything, but last month the main mail sort center that services my area shut down for a week due to "Mercury spill" the amount was never confirmed, the initial news reports were some wild amount. No mail for almost a week.

So, maybe someone was mailing mercury and they traced it to this place?

So, maybe someone was mailing mercury and they traced it to this place?

A not crazy conspiracy theory could be that somebody with evil intent had gotten a job there, was stealing some of the extra stored mercury for something and then mailing it from the local post office to buddies in another part of the country.

It would be a lot more plausible than somebody trying to hide some solar / alien event.