• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone know if the same action wrench for the Archimedes/Nucleus will work with the Coup De Grace?

amymorgan20

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2020
Working up to build a 7 PRC rifle. I was originally planning on building it on the Archimedes action until they went out of stock and then ARC announced the new Coup De Grace. Now the Archimedes action seems to be gone from the website so I can only assume they discontinued it. I see the advantages of the Coup De Grace action, but I need to know if anyone is aware if I will be able to use an action wrench bought the Archimedes will work with the Coup De Grace?

If you have already invested in the arch action wrench and aics pattern mags and a barrel and all that then just get a nucleus. The nucleus is still a bad ass action and would make use of those very same bits and pieces.

Reactions: lash
If you have already invested in the arch action wrench and aics pattern mags and a barrel and all that then just get a nucleus. The nucleus is still a bad ass action and would make use of those very same bits and pieces.
You are probably right I should look at the Nucleus. Unfortunately right now Long Action Magnum isn't an option in stock. Hopefully they do come back in stock.

The $100 difference between the Nucleus and the Coup De Grace pays for the action wrench.

Be prepared to wait on delivery either way though. Unless you can find a long action in the wild.

You are probably right I should look at the Nucleus. Unfortunately right now Long Action Magnum isn't an option in stock. Hopefully they do come back in stock.

What chambering are you looking for?

We might be able to work something out with one of the actions listed on two rifles here with nuc long action magnums. Or barreled actions, or rifle. Send us a PM if you're interested with what you're looking for.