• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone know of 1500 -2000 yard shooting range

Re: Does anyone know of 1500 -2000 yard shooting range

if you would fill out your profile and give a general area where you are, people from your area might be able to chime in and give you some ranges that are that distance or help you out

Updated profile, along the east coast would be great, have a friend that runs an armory and would like to test weapons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robert210</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updated profile, along the east coast would be great, have a friend that runs an armory and would like to test weapons. </div></div>

Gonna be tough to find a spot to stretch out to 2000 yards along the East coast that is not occupied by residence. Even if you do, the local LEO may feel a bit funny about having some one dropping lead shells on their backyard from long range. To the West my friend.

Went to their website cause I am only 4 hours away from ohio and it sounds like you can only shoot their in your in the matches?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to their website cause I am only 4 hours away from ohio and it sounds like you can only shoot their in your in the matches? </div></div>

After the match you can hang out and shoot all you want. If you just want to shoot during an off day call Tom. I'm pretty sure it's $25 a person for the whole day. There are plenty of steel targets available from the benches and paper at 600 and 1k.

If you are doing this as a part of a weapons development project you may want to give ARES Inc a call in Port Clinton OH. Eugene Stoner started the company and they may be able to set you up with the range you are looking for.

Good Luck,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwbrown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are doing this as a part of a weapons development project you may want to give ARES Inc a call in Port Clinton OH. Eugene Stoner started the company and they may be able to set you up with the range you are looking for.

Good Luck, </div></div>

Do they have a factory range near by cause thats only 3 hours away instead of 4 and a half.

Shooters,

We have targets out to 2000 plus. Just give us a call if you want to shoot during the week or on a weekend we don't have match. When we do have matches there is plenty of opportunity to shoot ELR during and after.

Tom
TVP
740-502-6530 cell

Knesek's here in NW Arkansas has 2500 meters and has the land to go to 3500 meters.

CP

If you find anything, let me know. I'm in NE GA and cannot find anything past 700. Last year I had some property leased for deer hunting with a powerline where I could shoot to 1200 but we lost the lease. Someone listening with lots of land in GA, we need somewhere to shoot 1000+. I would pay decent $ for the opportunity.

I've got one .... but it is in Italy , feel free to come whenever you want !
wink.gif

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one .... but it is in Italy , feel free to come whenever you want !
wink.gif

PP out
</div></div>
That would be pretty sweet. A trip to Italy, shoot while I'm there and maybe tour the Ducati and Ferrari plants.

There's one in Gainesville, GA that goes out to 1800 yards. The guy that owns the propery was letting the Local LEO use it only at one time. There was a rumour that he was going to open it up to the public but that was before I went to Iraq and I lost contact with the guys that live near there. The range was off of Hwy 52 and near a large junk yard. That's all I remember. We're bulding a one mile range at Elberton, Ga that will only be open to club members as it's on private property and our insurance will not cover non-paying members. Another down side is it's going to be only availible when we shoot long range matches. Donald

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's one in Gainesville, GA that goes out to 1800 yards. The guy that owns the propery was letting the Local LEO use it only at one time. There was a rumour that he was going to open it up to the public but that was before I went to Iraq and I lost contact with the guys that live near there. The range was off of Hwy 52 and near a large junk yard. That's all I remember. We're bulding a one mile range at Elberton, Ga that will only be open to club members as it's on private property and our insurance will not cover non-paying members. Another down side is it's going to be only availible when we shoot long range matches. Donald</div></div>
If you run across the G'ville guys name and phone, would you please let me know. I would like to talk to him about it. I shot with some guys down @ Gun Site Hills a few years back and they told me about Elberton. I would probaly join if I could shoot when I had the time, but to only be able to shoot when there is a match would be hard for me. I have 2 boys that play sports and my business, so my schedule is full most of the time. Let me know if Elberton's rules change to allow any different.

The Elberton rifle range is 400 yards. That's on club property. It's open to member's 24/7 365 days a year. Bring lights if you want to shoot at night. We may put in lights pass 200 sometime but it's not on the list for now. The 1000 yard range is on a farm owned by a members family that lets us use it for our long range matches. They are taking down a stand of trees behind the 1000 yard targets as I write this. Once the trees are gone we will start shooting one mile matches. Because it's not club land we get access once a quarter to shoot long range. It's just the way they worked it out. I'm just happy to have a long range to shoot on. I've got no pull as far as when access is granted. Your more than welcome to come out and shoot with us sometime to see if you want to join. Donald

I really appreciate the offer. Let me know when yall are shooting the next couple of times and maybe I can make it. I have 400 yards on my property, so that's not really worth the drive for me. Shooting the matches with friends and the 1 mile matches are definitely worth the ride for me. Any caliber limits--I have a 338 lapua I've shot 1200 yds before that I would love to shoot to 1 mile. Thanks

I think the rule is it has to be safe for you and the others around you. There's several 338's on line but we're punching paper. I do know the plan is to have one of the big 6 foot stone cutting blades at one mile to shoot at. Thier tuff but I don't know how tuff so I can't say if there will be a limit on it. As for paper I don't think anyone cares as long as your legal. Donald

Come out to Wyoming... a 2000yd "range" is always 15 minutes away, no matter where you live
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was gonna say anywhere around here is good:

wyoming_ref_2001.jpg

I love WYOMING isnt 2000yrds youre smallest range??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thunder Valley in Ohio has up to 2K </div></div>

I've shot here several times, fantastic range. 1 mile "gong", 1000 yd berms and targets, 600 yd berms and targets, plenty of metal targets. Highly recommended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come out to Wyoming... a 2000yd "range" is always 15 minutes away, no matter where you live
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>
we have the distance here too. but we are just south of you VTI in the Pawnee.

only place I now of in the midwest
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thelubiaks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thunder Valley in Ohio has up to 2K </div></div>

I've shot here several times, fantastic range. 1 mile "gong", 1000 yd berms and targets, 600 yd berms and targets, plenty of metal targets. Highly recommended. </div></div>

COOl, good to hear of a few more guys in the GA shooting, I live in Newnan, GA and have driven to gun site hills many times in the past. but i dont think my curent gun is capable of shooting that far. But if you have targets up at 600 to 1000 yards i would love to join ya one day. I also want to shoot at some of the hard rock matches in eastern AL next year. PM's will be sent with Q's here shortly

Jake out

I've been out to Gun Site Hills many times. Have been looking for an opportunity to shoot further than 700 yards.

Can someone post the contact information for either the place in Gainesville or the place in Elberton?
Thanks,
J

After driving the Rt95 corridor many times, I am mindful of the large expanses of marshlands in GA. It might be feasible to find a location like that, and be prepared to use a small boat for target maintenance.

Greg