• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Does anyone know what type of Nightforce turret this is?

Loyal2no1

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2020
20200829_164731.jpg

I've purchased an older Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 which apparently has 100 MOA of adjustment, but I can only get 84 MOA/8.4 full turns. I'm unable to contact Nightforce (they aren't replying to emails/returning calls) to confirm if this is a Zerostop turret. I've looked online and unlike the standard NF Zerostop turret it doesn't have the 4 set screws. Instead it just has the one set screw.

Does anyone know what type of turret it is and how to adjust it (if you can)? I have a 25 ish MOA if elevation in my Burris XTR rings and my rounds are hitting about a foot high when the scope is bottomed out.

Yes.

I assume you can’t get a zero at 100?

loosen the Allen head screw that runs horizontally in the top section of the turret and unscrew the turret (CCW I think) to give you more “down”, then tighten the Allen head. Set your zero at 100y. Pull the turret cap. Loosen the Allen again and screw the top disc down tight , then re-tighten the Allen. Put the turret cap back on set to zero. Very simple design, works like a champ. I set my zero stop .75 MOA under my 100y zero but I’m getting old and set in my ways....

If you have a 100y zero and have 82 MOA up, count your blessings and move on. There’s nothing wrong.

edited for clarity

Last edited:
Yes.

I assume you can’t get a zero at 100?

loosen the Allen head screw that runs horizontally in the top section of the turret and unscrew the turret (CCW I think) to give you more “down”, then tighten the Allen head. Set your zero at 100y. Pull the turret cap. Loosen the Allen again and screw the top disc down tight , then re-tighten the Allen. Put the turret cap back on set to zero. Very simple design, works like a champ. I set my zero stop .75 MOA under my 100y zero but I’m getting old and set in my ways....

If you have a 100y zero and have 82 MOA up, count your blessings and move on. There’s nothing wrong.

edited for clarity

Cheers. And sorry for the late reply!
Eventually I contacted Nightforce Australia as NF USA weren't replying or even answering their phone🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️ So I'm going to say their customer service stateside sucks....
Anyway I loosened the turret screw at their request of the NF Australia technician and now instead of getting 86.5 MOA I now get 130+ MOA which is when I stopped dialing.... Yep. I could probably get more elevation and mortar rounds into Madagascar from New Zealand, but I didn't want to risk my scope flying apart. And at the end of the day I couldn't dial my crosshair any further upwards (sending rounds downwards) due to an indentation/stop in the turret stem. So long story short I took the logical thing and removed and then reinstalled my scope back in the Burris XTR rings this time with 0 MOA of elevation. Now the scope shoots POA/POI. Hey. I tried... Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: FredIII