• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does ANYONE know where all the Hornady .308 178 Amax's are going?

M25BeastShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Pennsylvania
Been searching all the distributors, dealers and shoppes no one has any of these bullets. This has been going on for since the Crazy started but this is almost 6 months and none of the dealers/distributors can say when they are getting anything from Hornady.

Just starting to wonder WHO is buying all these bullets.......its not the Feds. I'm a Firearms Instructor for DEA and the Feds use Winchester, Federal, Remington and Speer. So??

Limited supply, but a few178's are starting to showing up @ businesses, and there have been some listed in the classifieds but have been somewhat spendy. Folks are grabbing them as soon as they become available.

Hopefully this craziness will moderate in a few months. I've cut back on shooting a couple firearms to save on what components I have to feed them... and i wont spend $50 box for the 178's

I've seen several different sources within the past week on here..... Midway had them for a day or two and Natchez had them for a couple days. Have you not set notices with these companies?

Where are you at in PA? Cabelas in Wheeling WV just had some as of an hour ago.

They are probably being shared with the factory loaded "Superformance" Bullets as that market is probably as large as the component market is.