• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone know where Norma puts their lot numbers on there ammunition boxes??

Carl1000

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2018
I don't know if this is the right sub to put this in, but I didn't think putting it in reloading would be the right thing, as this is not really about reloading.

So, I had some Norma golden match 143gr 6.5 Creedmoor rounds that were blowing primers. I've used a bunch of the stuff with no issues. My rifle was shooting other manufacture ammo yesterday with no issues. But I had some primers blow in a couple boxes of this Norma ammo. I wanted to check the lot numbers, but I don't see lot numbers anywhere on the box. Am I missing something?? I have emailed the manufacturer to see what they say. Thanks!

I think it's this number
IMG_0824.JPG

Ya, I looked at my boxes and this was the number I saw that changed vs the side of the box with the big "No. 10166522"

That side number appears to be the SKU and the number I pointed too is the lot ? As it was the one that changed from box to box.

I have a few cases of Norma here but the shipping tape is all over the label so I can't try to match it up

Reactions: Baron23
I would agree with Frank. I have a couple cases also and the only numbers that have changed is the number in the pic above.

Yerp. That’s how I recall the lots were labeled when Norma was producing for Prime. SKU on the flap in big font, lot on the back in small font.