• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone make AICS style metal 300BO mags?

Chingon

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 28, 2012
    NOVA
    .223 mags don't work. The first round feeds fine, the rest nose dive as they are hung up while feeding. Did Magpul ever finish up their .223AC mags?

Accurate Mags made for Ruger GS's. I've tried the MDT polymers but they don't lock into place in my chassis. I'm using a Remmy 700CP chassis.

.223 mags don't work. The first round feeds fine, the rest nose dive as they are hung up while feeding. Did Magpul ever finish up their .223AC mags?

Hasn't been released yet. Your problem with 300blk nose dives in 223 AICS mags is usually due to the COAL. People have made the metal AICS 223 mags like 80-90% reliable by playing around with the COAL but I don't think it'll ever be 100%. Some say the polymer MDT 223 AICS mag will work with 300blk but the polymer mag isn't compatible with all chassis and fitting may be required.

Reactions: Chingon
    I ran an accurate mag pretty good in my 300 bolt gun. I think I had to play with the plastic insert some though. Looked like this
    3A708C80-0BC8-404F-A4F0-D683299B5E23.jpeg

Reactions: jeffg
    I have been using the plastic AI mags for years with 223, 223 Ackley and 300 Whisper/Blackout. Zero problems.

Reactions: Chingon
    Crisis averted. I think it figured it out. I failed to mention they were new. Instead of just loading a few rounds, I topped it off and cycled the crap out of them until they ran smoothly. I'm pretty sure the key is to keep them topped off so the rounds feed evenly.