• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Does anyone make bases for the FN PBR rifles?

david walter

Insightful commentator
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
Out west, but not too far west
Does anyone make bases for the FN PBR rifles except those that come with the rifle?

It seems that the holes are 8x instead of 6X.

Is the easiest solution to just open up the holes on regular Win model 70 bases?

Re: Does anyone make bases for the FN PBR rifles?

I was checking the leupold site the other day and they're advertising a base that takes either 8-40 or 6-48 hope this helps. http://www.leupold.com/tactical/

I'm shooting a pbr xp 20" in a mcm a-3-5, but I'm thinking I'll keep the one piece that came on it are you dissatisfied?

yep, just double checked leup makes a 1 piece 20 moa base for 70 sa's that will take an 8-40 or 6-48 centers on the head of the screw so you're good. Pn# 59255 Or you could put a little steel bed up under the base before you screw it down if you're nervous. click on the features tab. http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products...actical-mounts/

You have an Action with out a base?

Finally made it past the cover on my may dillon catalog there's a standard and a +20moa on p76 under $40

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have an Action with out a base? </div></div>

No, I have the factroy provided base. I just wanted something lower in height.

My FN had a Near Mfg base on it. If it's original, I'd leave it!

I'm trying to follow your thoughts, but I don't think I have enough info, whats the outside dia of your eyepiece and obj? Right now I'm makin due on the f.n. with a 1" leup vx2 while I'm waiting on a u.s.optics scope to materielize on my doorstep the leup is petite compared to most tacticals and i'm finding everything pretty ergonomic, but my a-3-5 has an adjustable cheekpiece, also the clearance on the ejection port looks like it could suffer if you went with a lower base, Maybe lower rings are the answer?