• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone own a GAP 300 WSM "ROCKET.?"

Re: Does anyone own a GAP 300 WSM "ROCKET.?"

i'm not sure what the rocket is, but I own a GAP 300wsm!!!

I've shot both a GAP 308 (mine now) and a 300 WSM. I'm getting nearly twice the reloads per Lbs. of powder and both shoot just as well as the other to 1000. The WSM does shoot flatter but at the cost of barrel wear and brass I think I'll just dope more elevation and shoot my 308.

There is no common name for a GAP built 300WSM but mine comes about as close to owning a laser as I will get, so I call it "The Laser"! It will push 175VLD bergers to 3200fps no problem, but I have since switched to 190SMK's and now going back to the 185VLD's and just not pushing them as fast.

There is a .308 "Rock", and a .300WSM "Rocket" from GAP - or at least their used to be.

I remember reading a write up by Mike Miller about the "Rocket" approximately 5 years ago FWIW.