• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing does anywhere stock broughton barrels?

jayjaytuner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Geneva, New York
i see all the other major barrel makers stocked at a decent amount of places, but never see a broughton...
is there any particular reason anyone knows of

Re: does anywhere stock broughton barrels?

They may be harder to get or not in that much demand compared to other makers. It's hard to beat Krieger, Bartlein, Rock Creek, Obermeyer, Brux etc..

Re: does anywhere stock broughton barrels?

I think that they are very much in demand. I don't think that they use distributers because they don't have to. Why would you pay a middle man when you have a waiting list and can sell your barrels directly and keep all the profit? It's just good bussiness.

I agree that Krieger, Rock and Bartlien are great barrrels but Broughton is winning a whole lot of matches and they have a great following like the other makers. They are probably the hottest button rifled barrel on the market in recent years and their price and wait time reflect it. I know that their barrels are very popular for benchrest competition where button rifling is more common (many people believe button rifling has a superior interior finish with no cutting or tool marks). Check out the equipment list for the Williamsport PA matches.

North Shore Barrels is the only distributer that I know of.

If they don't have what you need best way to get one in a hurry is going to be find one for sale in a thread or go through a gunsmith who uses lots of their barrels. I think Robert Gradous, Cloud Peak, Competative Edge, Nighthawk Custom (did) use a lot or exclusively Broughton Barrels.