• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does it irritate you too?

Mcap

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2022
AZ
I get very irritated when I pick up a firearms magazine, turn to an article and find no MSRP listed. I have read several periodicals that have all the listings from the SHOT show and nary a MSRP. The magazine authors write pages of glowing verbiage but fail to give the reader a clue as to whether that particular item is something that the enthusiast can even attempt pondering from a budgetary constraint. Sometimes the manufacturers even put $ TBD in their promotions. If they don't have a clue, how should you or I? I will read the articles about the super pricey offerings at my leisure while daydreaming...Am I the only one that this "oversite" irritates?

Reactions: Milf Dots
When I see an ad (especially real estate) and there is no price, I just click and move on. As @Foul Mike said above, there may be a reason, but theres none that work for me. I want to know the price.

That doesn’t irritate me near as much as when they write about new products like they’re on every shelf in every store but really it’s going to be a year before they’re in production and another year before you can actually get your hands on one.
I quit paying attention to shot show product announcements.
Cool story bro. Let me know when I can actually buy one.

Reactions: Plinker 73
Anything you read in a mag is an ad. As in ANYTHING. They never say a bad word on any of them. There are few that do but not many. IIRC gun tests (i think) is one.

If you doubt me go look up any article on the Remington R51 and just how fantastic it is.

I thought this thread was started by Benders husband and was going to be about Bender’s inability to get properly hard.

Who do I complain to about this bullshit?

Who in holy hell reads magazines these days ?

There is not 1 single article in a magazine you can't get for free online.
Seriously, you just have to know how to game the paywalls and not play their game.

No, don't blame me for doing that kind of stuff, they setup the rules, and they coded the websites.....don't expect me to be one of the sheep in the flock.

Doesn't offend me any worse than when I see ads for lots of other things that don't publish an MSRP either.... they always say, "Call." Meaning they want the chance to up sell you, with you on the phone. Or the market may be moving so fast they don't want to be committed to a published/written price.

That's life.... That's business.

The time the OP took to write the post, he could have found the pricing of whatever he was needing. Print media is dead nowadays. It's outdated and for the most part, gun mags are just paid advertisements.