• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does Kreiger or Bartlein make match grade barrels for

Tackelbarry

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2017
the LMT MARS-H gun ? My gun came with the 16” chrome barrel which I am going to use for suppresses shooting. I am interested in a match grade barrel. I have looked at the LMT stainless barrels, but have read mixed reviews. I am looking for 1/2 m.o.a. or better. Thanks.

the LMT MARS-H gun ? My gun came with the 16” chrome barrel which I am going to use for suppresses shooting. I am interested in a match grade barrel. I have looked at the LMT stainless barrels, but have read mixed reviews. I am looking for 1/2 m.o.a. or better. Thanks.
You can have a custom barrel spun up and headspaced to your LMT Bolt by CLE, then send it out to D-Willson. Just make sure to talk with D-Willson first to confirm barrel contour, I know those sleeves he makes do have some limitations.

You also need to remember any gas system longer than Rifle Length is going to look like dog shit with the standard LMT uppers and the 15" or 15.5" are impossible to find.

Krieger's DCM 20" is hard to beat. Look on their site or call to find out if they are chambering after the order or if they are keeping them in stock,it changes year to year.

LMT stainless barrels are cut rifled. The ones I’ve been behind shoot really good.

ETA: Have you shot the factory barrel? Tried to develope a load for it?

LMT stainless barrels are cut rifled. The ones I’ve been behind shoot really good.

ETA: Have you shot the factory barrel? Tried to develope a load for it?
The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards a factory 18 or 20” stainless LMT barrel. Unless I find a deal on the 20” I am leaning towards the 18”.
Unfortunately , I haven’t been able to shoot the gun as I just had shoulder surgery. I am trying to get it set up during my down time,
I don’t reload 308. I shoot either Federal 168 grain GMM , for practice, or Hornady 168 grain TAP ELD Match as my daily load.
I think your advice is wise, shoot what I have and then make decisions. I know there will definitely be a SS barrel in the future.

Reactions: Jsp556
The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards a factory 18 or 20” stainless LMT barrel.
I personally have the MWS with 20" stainless, and it is a great rifle and barrel. I would not buy a Bartlein. Love their barrels, but I just do not think you will see a measurable difference in accuracy. It is a gas gun, and my LMT is consistently at least 3/4 MOA at 300 yards. Theoretically, you might beat that, but you will pay for the blank, the profiling, chambering, and then the barrel extension for LMT.

We also sell the barrels and the guns, and for the record (you probably know this), the British special forces use a 7.62 LMT with 16" SS barrel as a DMR type rifle, so that says something. The barrels are hit or miss (in stock or not), if we can help, DM me.