• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does Seekins SP10 in 6.5 CM have a rifle length gas system?

rmiked

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
I am new to ARs and reading about “rifle length” gas tubes and “rifle length +2” gas tubes. My new SP10 in 6.5 CM has a 22” barrel. I assume Seekins knows what length has tube works well Since they have a good reputation. Although I thought I read it had changed over time, like maybe the gas tube in newer models were made longer but I’m not 100% sure what I read. Does anyone know if it is a rifle length tube? Or longer? My new rifle is to arrive tomorrow. Thanks

Everywhere I have seen says rifle length gas tube. I ordered one too. PM me where you got yours? What case are you receiving?

JOEG26er, what do you mean “what case am I getting”? Do they come with a case?

So it sounds like the gas block should be flush with the end of hand guard. Thanks for info.

Yes, the tool adjustable gas block is flush to the end of the hand guard.
Yes, they come with a case.
There are two cases at least that I have seen on post pandemic rifles. One has a full piano hinge, the latest one that a dealer says all theirs have arrived with has a nylon outer sleeve/handles.

Mine arrived in a cheap $29 plano gunguard case. Flimsy and Does not fit a scoped rifle. Not happy about that.

The current Seekins Sp10 rifles come with a +1 1/2 gas length or so. The gasport sits a bit closer to the receiver than a proof +2. Kinda weird.

Seekins up until a couple years ago used a rifle length in their 22” 6.5cm gas guns. It was reliable, just hard on brass.

Reactions: 232593
The current Seekins Sp10 rifles come with a +1 1/2 gas length or so. The gasport sits a bit closer to the receiver than a proof +2. Kinda weird.

Seekins up until a couple years ago used a rifle length in their 22” 6.5cm gas guns. It was reliable, just hard on brass.
Interesting info. So prepandemic guns came with rifle length? What serial numbers?