• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does the “New” Armslist feel like a .GOV list service?

Is Armslist the Mark of the Beast?

• A paid Armslist account is a vote for Lucifer.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Stop being paranoid, you’re already marked for death.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • If you have to ask, you already know.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • You’re just not that important to worry about it.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Guns are bad. Vote Harris/Beto 2024!

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    I’ve been a personal account holder and have bought many things via Armslist over the years. It has served me well.

In principle, I think it’s worth $7/month and see many things I’d like to buy, and spotted something very desirable today. So, I figured it was time to ante-up and pay.

I got to the account page where I had to give all of my personal details and got this sinking feeling in my gut that Armslist is eventually going to just be a big list of doors to knock on by our ABC boifriends in the near future — especially with “fire two blasts” Joe and Kamalatoe squatting in Trump’s White House.

So... paranoid Horta stopped and bailed on the process (even though I have no doubt I’m already on more lists than all y’all combined).

Is that just my inner conspiracy theorist working overtime, or is it a legitimate/practical concern for the once Armslist-loving masses to have?

I enjoyed Armslist for several years. When they went to a paid deal, I was out. There’s too many free sights out there. Whom ever came up with their deal must of not done a lot of thinking. Hell you have to have a paid account to even reply to the ads. If your a paid user, they just cut your potential buyer out by a huge margin. 90% of the adds in my state are commercial/dealers. Seems to be very few private adds.

I’ve been a personal account holder and have bought many things via Armslist over the years. It has served me well.

In principle, I think it’s worth $7/month and see many things I’d like to buy, and spotted something very desirable today. So, I figured it was time to ante-up and pay.

I got to the account page where I had to give all of my personal details and got this sinking feeling in my gut that Armslist is eventually going to just be a big list of doors to knock on by our ABC boifriends in the near future — especially with “fire two blasts” Joe and Kamalatoe squatting in Trump’s White House.

So... paranoid Horta stopped and bailed on the process (even though I have no doubt I’m already on more lists than all y’all combined).

Is that just my inner conspiracy theorist working overtime, or is it a legitimate/practical concern for the once Armslist-loving masses to have?

I think it was implemented for a few reasons, one of them being constantly sued by 2A haters and to also discourage scammers.
    The PX here is now pay to play which I think will also help keep out scammers. I think it will also help lowlight generate a reserve when this site gets sued in the future from an anti-gun organization. I'm sure it will also help fund site upgrades and other things as well.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: TheHorta
    So it turned into the current Ebay.......

Doc

I only ever replied if they had a cell listed in the ad. Even when it was free.

Can’t reckon or bargain with a man who willfully wants someone to email him.

i still use the site in that capacity but will never pay or register for it.

I only ever replied if they had a cell listed in the ad. Even when it was free.

Can’t reckon or bargain with a man who willfully wants someone to email him.

i still use the site in that capacity but will never pay or register for it.
    They are cracking down on the phone # thing. I had ads pulled from there for that. It is unfortunate as it significantly reduces the # of people that will respond to the ads.

Horta, you remember the men in suits already came to your house, right? I think once you have certain things its all the same. If it was something that uncle sugar owned at one time, then i would advise against attempting to purchase, butnif it’s something we are allowed to own, then by all means, buy the damn thing.

we are already marked people, you prob have your own personal team. Just continue to impress them with your stable of fancy stuff, it might get them to think twice about showing up knowing you have better shit in your junk drawer than they will while no nocking at 4am!

• Haha
    What's in it for me?

I've used Gunbroker and they charge a fee after the fact to the seller... That and the feedback is good enough to keep most scammers away. But considering most of the ads are gouging ads or people expecting to sell the used shit they paid MSRP for at a profit, and you know the price is on average $100 more than it would normally be so they can pay off GB, well, why would you pay more to dig through that shit? I stopped using GA when they started demanding money. Look what happened to them. Are they even still a thing?

In most cases if I have to pay a monthly fee I'll just go somewhere else. I don't buy enough shit from one place to warrant that. I suppose if someone had everything under one roof and it was the price I'm willing to pay... Amazon has been the ONLY one but I actually use the piss out of the streaming service and I can get certain things there fast and cheaper than anywhere else. There is no Amazon of firearms though so why would anyone think they can use that same business model? It's just greed.

Any setup that charges the buyer AND the seller is pretty damn greedy and it'll just bite you in the ass because it'll drive off the buyers and then the sellers will be pissed they're being charged to traffic ads to each other in what amounts to a dealer circle jerk and then it'll drive them off too. All that'll be left is predators and gougers and stupid people that have no problem paying $1k for 8lbs. of damn gunpowder. It simply doesn't work. You can't have it coming AND going unless you're the goddamn government or organized crime, basically the same thing, and can to it by threat.

Who the fuck is Armslist anyway? Why so greedy? They must think very highly of themselves. Only time they ever come up is for expired ads anyway.

Now if they had a 10" SCAR 16 barrel I'd be tempted --to join for one month and then never use it again. Only one I can find for sale is in Switzerland and they won't send it to US. I hope that's part of their business model because that's the only way I see it working out. IF they have something I can't find anywhere else, as a last resort... And I literally mean last, I'd rather fart around with Midway or Cheaper than Diamonds than that BS.

That site went to shit years ago, today it is filled with scammers