• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Does the ATPIAL-C block sight picture in ACOG?

jMarine

YUUUT!
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Alabama
I am fixing to buy an ATPIAL-C and I was wondering how much, if any, of the device blocks the lower portion of the sight picture inside of a standard TA-31 ACOG mount? Does anyone have this setup that could post a pic? I have a Unity dual switch mounted at the 12-o’clock and when my thumb is on this switch, I can just barely start to see the top of my thumb in the optic. It doesn’t bother me, however it did raise the question on how much taller the ATPIAL is/may be. Thanks.

It's been a long time since I've ran a TA31 and Peq 15 combo. I can't ever remember having an issue with it obscuring anything. Worst case it will be a little hazy in the lower edge of your FOV. We ran the TA31 with fixed front sight posts and you hardly noticed a slight blur in the image from it.

My experience is the same as pyrotechnic above. It is noticeable, and makes the bottom 1/4is a bit hazy, but the magnification sort of burns through it. Now if you ride your thumb overtop and on the peq like I tend to do, it becomes more obscured. That and the short eye relief are the main reasons I tend to choose different optics.

Thanks guys! We ran these in the Corps but they were always on the side. I think I may go with some sort of riser for the ACOG anyway just to get my head a little higher on the weapon. This will also help get over the ATPIAL