• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Does the mildot master work with the TMR reticle?

Tanman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
Richmond, VA
I have a vx-III that I am going to change the reticle in, and am wondering if I should keep it simple and go with the mildot, or get the tmr. From what I have read, it seems the tmr is superior, but does it work with the mildot master? The math part of this long range stuff really confuses me.

Re: Does the mildot master work with the TMR reticle?

It will work the same. It has linear segment marks rather than dots. I have the MLR retical in one Nightforce and prefer it over the mildot in my other Nightforce.

a Mildot Master will work with MILs, MOA and IPHY

TMR is great, the lines cover less of your target than the mildots and the MDM works the same.

As stated previously the MDM works with any Mill based reticle. I had a Leupold with the TMR reticle, and it is my opinion that the TMR is great for ranging targets but not so great for shooting them. I personally did not like the small box in the center of the reticle. I found it harder to section up targets to get a more precise aiming point. I think the gen 2 mill-dot to be a good compromise between the two. Just my opinion for what it is worth. JAA