• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does The Paranoia Ever End?

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
Sitting around at various gun shows I tend to run into some very 'interesting' conversations. If I'm not directly involved in them then I am overhearing them amongst various people.

This one takes the cake!!!

A guy walks up to my buddies table today, and starts ranting about Glocks. He states that the reason he doesn't personally own a Glock is because they are made in Austria.

Ok... so we're thinking he's an 'American Made' type of guy, and only wants to buy American. Not the case! He was well dressed and groomed, and on any other day he could have been taken as a career professional. Until he opened his mouth!!!

He told us ,with such conviction, that Glocks are imported into the US and they place tracking devices inside the polymer frames that can be tracked at a moments notice!
crazy.gif

At this point my buddy and I look at each other and don't know if we should laugh or worry about this guy's mental status. No joke!

The customer then went on to state that the reason they are made in Austria and imported are because these 'clandestine' tracking devices can be assembled in Austria inside the frame, and the American people have no idea that it's going on! Then, when they come to the US they are catalogued at Glock and sent on to distributors.

I seriously worry about the status of some people's mental health when they can come up with things that are so out there that it's scary!

What are your thoughts?

Re: Does The Paranoia Ever End?

He probably read it on the Internet somewhere...and you KNOW that they can't print it on the Internet if it isn't true!!
wink.gif

Never underestimate how STUPID some people really are, especially when in groups!!

Just took a dremel to my Glock 23 lower. Nope no tracking device, Damn now I need a new lower.
frown.gif

You should spray paint some chicken wire gold and sell him a Faraday Cage for his fantastic plastic.

Good luck

Yep, it also still amazes me with the number of people who still claim that Glocks can't be detected with airport security xray machines!
smile.gif

With every X-Ray I have seen of a Glock the polymer always stands out like slightly dense bone, because of the density of the polymer.

i would have offered him a new glock (to cover the cost of destroying one) to prove it to me - im fine with "conspeiresy theories" so long as they at least have some sort of grounding to stand on......this just seems wacky

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, it also still amazes me with the number of people who still claim that Glocks can't be detected with airport security xray machines!
smile.gif

With every X-Ray I have seen of a Glock the polymer always stands out like slightly dense bone, because of the density of the polymer. </div></div>probably has something to do with that silly law we passed
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Undetectable Firearms Act says, simply, that you may not manufacture or possess a firearm that cannot be detected by an airport metal detector. The law is a product of the debut of the Glock 17 handgun that caused a stir in the 1980s for its composite plastic components. That gun was itself never capable of defeating an airport metal detector, but the law is still in place regardless, although it's due to expire in December of 2013.</div></div>

Grimm, if I remember correctly, Glock had to add something to the plas, um, POLYMER formula early on due to the bogus concerns that it was invisible on xray machines. HOWEVER.... I was in nuc security when the Glock first started to hit the US, before it was even a scare. We tested them in our xray machines extensively, and they showed up fine. Even if you didn't really see the frame well, (it still showed up, trigger, slide rails and all) the slide and barrel were obviously a slide and a barrel, magazines were totally obvious with the spring, and damn, a cartridge looks, well, just like a cartridge! If you didn't realize it was a gun, loaded or not, disassembled or not, it was because you weren't paying attention.

I microwave all my Glocks to render the tracking device useless. Don't you guys?

Not-so-LGS 'smith went a bit nuts asking me who I worked for after I took my HK45 in for tritium sights and an ambi safety set-up. Apparently, only certain types of people have pistols with RFID in them.

What's truly amazing is that someone such as this individual who exhibits signs of paranoid schizophrenia is able to purchase a weapon with minimal background check. And that there are dealers, that after having said conversation with this guy would still sell him a weapon in order to make a dollar.

Not all of these types are just "stupid" some are legitimately mentally ill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not-so-LGS 'smith went a bit nuts asking me who I worked for after I took my HK45 in for tritium sights and an ambi safety set-up. Apparently, only certain types of people have pistols with RFID in them. </div></div>

The funny part about that is that just about all the new HK pistols have RFID chips in the handle as a standard feature, very easy however to pop them off. I think they are mainly there for large department inventory control to make logging things in and out & keeping user records easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's truly amazing is that someone such as this individual who exhibits signs of paranoid schizophrenia is able to purchase a weapon with minimal background check. And that there are dealers, that after having said conversation with this guy would still sell him a weapon in order to make a dollar.

Not all of these types are just "stupid" some are legitimately mentally ill. </div></div>

And heaven forfend we do anything about that! Criminal assholes, outright morons and psychotic loons are the problem regardless of the weapons they use. They should be the focus upon which crime prevention efforts are placed.

It is not merely ironic that the fear of infringing on the 2nd amendment is considered paranoid while the fear of infringing on the 4th is considered rational.

If we don't figure out a way to objectively define and identify dangerous crazy bastards, we will lose our rights to own firearms. It's just a question of when, not if.

Sorry for the rant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not-so-LGS 'smith went a bit nuts asking me who I worked for after I took my HK45 in for tritium sights and an ambi safety set-up. Apparently, only certain types of people have pistols with RFID in them. </div></div>

The funny part about that is that just about all the new HK pistols have RFID chips in the handle as a standard feature, very easy however to pop them off. I think they are mainly there for large department inventory control to make logging things in and out & keeping user records easier. </div></div>

I knew that going in. There have been all sorts of rumors, including the idea that it records number and time of shots fired. It was all I could do not to play the poor SOB like a silly fish, really. Good times!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not-so-LGS 'smith went a bit nuts asking me who I worked for after I took my HK45 in for tritium sights and an ambi safety set-up. Apparently, only certain types of people have pistols with RFID in them. </div></div>

The funny part about that is that just about all the new HK pistols have RFID chips in the handle as a standard feature, very easy however to pop them off. I think they are mainly there for large department inventory control to make logging things in and out & keeping user records easier. </div></div>

I knew that going in. There have been all sorts of rumors, including the idea that it records number and time of shots fired. It was all I could do not to play the poor SOB like a silly fish, really. Good times! </div></div>

In truth, aren't the HK RFID chips just a simple electronic barcode?

I haven't seen an official response, but what I've been told by credible people is that the chip can be energized and have information pushed onto it so that armorers can schedule random maintenance based on round count. It doesn't actually sense the recoil and count the round, it's just entered onto it.

The problem with paranoia and reality is that more and more of what was once a clear case of paranoia becomes more and more clear case reality...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In truth, aren't the HK RFID chips just a simple electronic barcode? </div></div>
It depends on what you mean by "barcode" If all you are saying is its an inventory control then yeah sure that's about it. It's slightly more than that you can push matainance data to it, my understanding is its basically comparable to the chip on a CAC or SmartCard. It can carry limited push data but it can't record that data on its own.

If he's worried about RFIDs, then he needs to discard his driver's license, most car tires, credit cards, car, potato chip bags and tons of other things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's truly amazing is that someone such as this individual who exhibits signs of paranoid schizophrenia is able to purchase a weapon <span style="font-style: italic">with minimal background check</span>. And that there are dealers, that after having said conversation with this guy would still sell him a weapon in order to make a dollar.

Not all of these types are just "stupid" some are legitimately mentally ill. </div></div>

Sounds a bit Owellian. Is this your opinion as NY LE or as a private citizen? What exactly do you propose? A Minnesota Multiphasic as a prescreen? Quarterly Mental Health Check Ups?

There are inherent risks associated with a <span style="font-weight: bold">free</span> society.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Led-Zep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just took a dremel to my Glock 23 lower. Nope no tracking device, Damn now I need a new lower.
frown.gif
</div></div>

FRAME...now smack yourself on the back of the head

AR, AR types use lowere receivers. FAL types use UPPER receivers or 'uppers'. Most others are just receivers. I think this part was needed just in case you were ignorant. You have now been educated. Further use of the word lower in a wrongful meaning will show stupidity which is not an educatable thing

no is the simple answer to "will the paranoia ever end?" sw pennsylvania is having a deer death problem due to a fly carried infection. heard an older gentleman say he saw "them black helicopters spraying poison to kill all the deer." the game commission, loggers, and the insurance companies are behind it because they want all the deer dead. state farm is importing coyotes to do the same thing. they even tattoo property of state farm on the lower lip and are being transported on game commission trucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: truman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no is the simple answer to "will the paranoia ever end?" sw pennsylvania is having a deer death problem due to a fly carried infection. heard an older gentleman say he saw "them black helicopters spraying poison to kill all the deer." the game commission, loggers, and the insurance companies are behind it because they want all the deer dead. state farm is importing coyotes to do the same thing. they even tattoo property of state farm on the lower lip and are being transported on game commission trucks. </div></div>

I feel you there. Here in KY we had the Blue Tongue several years back, and all of the idiots claimed it was because of anything from vapor trails off of airlines to a new pesticide used by farmers!
laugh.gif
Before it was over, the 'Blue Tongue Pandemic' was the talk at every Hardees, McDonalds, and Mom and Pop diner in a 10 mile radius during any given morning at breakfast!