• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does this exist? MLOK bottom rail spigot mount to pic rail for bipod

Mike_in_FL

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 29, 2008
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Does anybody make an MLOK spigot that extends towards the muzzle with pic rail to mount a bipod? TIA

That's why I referred to it as a spigot. I have one on a KRG Bravo. But I guess what I'm looking for is something similar to an arca rail. It would just be a piece of aluminum MLOK attachment on one end and then have pic rail on the end as the spigot does. I have the piece of pic rail on the right end of the KRG spigot in the 1st photo of your link. The other end mounts into the chassis. I'm not sure you could mount it outside on a rail. And it's not cheap.

Looking more for it to mount to an AR rail rather than bolt rifle. Just to get the bipod further out without using a longer rail and mounting directly to it.

Maybe I should patent the idea like I should have with a muzzle mounted laser bore sighter 30 years ago, lol.

Reactions: realJaneGoodall
    That's why I referred to it as a spigot. I have one on a KRG Bravo. But I guess what I'm looking for is something similar to an arca rail. It would just be a piece of aluminum MLOK attachment on one end and then have pic rail on the end as the spigot does. I have the piece of pic rail on the right end of the KRG spigot in the 1st photo of your link. The other end mounts into the chassis. I'm not sure you could mount it outside on a rail. And it's not cheap.

Looking more for it to mount to an AR rail rather than bolt rifle. Just to get the bipod further out without using a longer rail and mounting directly to it.

Maybe I should patent the idea like I should have with a muzzle mounted laser bore sighter 30 years ago, lol.

Yes, but it's not super long:

Reactions: Mike_in_FL
    I've installed these via mlok, but designed for the inside for a specific gun.

Reactions: Mike_in_FL
    After some DMs with @Mike_in_FL, I'll add to this thread in case someone is in the same situation.

Seeking to solve a similar problem, I found a company called LongShot Manufacturing who makes OEM rails for folks, some of them very long.

I emailed LongShot Manufacturing regarding their "LongShot™ 20-Slot (8.274") M-LOK Black Anodized Picatinny Rail."

Product Link: https://genuinelongshot.com/shop/ol...6-dot-304-m-lok-black-anodized-picatinny-rail

I told them I wanted to mount two of the three MLOK screws to a railed hand guard but then leave the third screw, and therefore half of the overall rail length, hanging unsupported in front of the hand guard with a bipod mounted on the rail. I asked if I should be concerned about the rail bending.

I got the following response:

Yes, it will work fine. We do this same thing on some of our own guns. We have designed and produced rails directly for FBI Quantico and put the same quality in every rail we make, regardless of what type or brand of gun they are for.

If you do buy one of our rails and use it that way, please let me know your comments after you have been shooting with it mounted in that manner. Customer feedback is very important to us. We stand behind our products 100%.

Thanks!

Jerry Arpaio
    LongShot Mfg.
    GenuineLongShot.com

I don't need to try this yet, but if I do, or others do, I suspect this is a viable option.

-Stan

Reactions: buggz