• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does this Tikka action look like it's installed correctly?

realJaneGoodall

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2022
NC
full disclosure: I'm a complete idiot, with very little natural mechanical inclinations.

I purchased a pre-owned KRG Bravo Chassis for my Tikka T3x Lite, and I am brand new to bolt guns.

Went to install today, and I can't tell if I did it correctly, despite following along with the instructions, provided.

I knew that the lite profile barrel might look a little odd sitting in the Bravo chassis, but this seems.... incorrect?

Also note the gap between the trigger guard and the chassis.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if this is normal, I would greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_5710.JPG
    IMG_5710.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5711.JPG
    IMG_5711.JPG
    624.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5713.JPG
    IMG_5713.JPG
    989.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_5712.JPG
    IMG_5712.JPG
    804.3 KB · Views: 307
Your action isn’t properly seated on the fixed recoil lug in the stock. I don’t know the trick to fix it, other than moving it around until it fits right.

10/4, will give it another shot, I wish there was a video with a closer look for noobs like myself who have zero context lol. Thanks for the tips guys!

It looks like taking that tab off and getting the action seated in the recoil lug you will be ok. Post pics

The trigger guard is adjustable front and back to adjust the magazine fit. The screw for it is at the front of the trigger guard and screws in from the top of the chassis, under where the action fits.

Oh wow, right. Sorry, I bought the chassis secondhand, and didn't think about the fact that KRG might have a PDF on their website to download.
Ah, not to be too picky, but if you didn't know that KRG has documentation then where did you get "the instructions, provided."

Just curious

And I'm glad that your issue seems to be so easily corrected.

Best of luck

Ah, not to be too picky, but if you didn't know that KRG has documentation then where did you get "the instructions, provided."

Just curious

And I'm glad that your issue seems to be so easily corrected.

Best of luck
the guy i bought it from off of reddit's GAFS actually typed me out some pretty good instructions when he shipped tbh. great community, there and here.

Reactions: Charlie112
the guy i bought it from off of reddit's GAFS actually typed me out some pretty good instructions when he shipped tbh. great community, there and here.
Super. And all’s well that ends well.
Enjoy your new rifle or as my grandmother would say “shoot it in the best of health”
Haha

Cheers

You need some Astroglide. Then your action/barrel fitting into the stock will be.

Up Tight
Outa Sight
and in The Groove
Just like a Tampon;)

image0.jpg

looking at doing a threaded criterion barrel in the future to run that sandman with. for now i'm going to try to learn how to not suck!

I have been recommended books by bryan litz and ryan cleckner, "weaponized math". Any more recommendations for reads are welcome!