• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dogs left behind in their crates

dreever

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2004
Michaux State Forest Adams County Pa.
I was very upset last night watching Tucker Carlson on FOX when he reported with photo's of all the dogs left in their crates at the airport after the last flight left.
I'm an old guy and remember all the dogs shot or left behind when the handlers came home from Vietnam. I thought we were past that shit. Evidently not.
Left to die of thirst, starve, or most likely shot by the Taliban. Another sad day for America. Where does it end?
Those dogs deserved better.

Danny

Reactions: DIBBS and diverdon
Yeah, I don't think it's any suprise to anybody here that Biden would rather get some Afgani here to start sucking the Medicare/government tit and voting Democrat, than save dogs that were working to save our troops and contractors.

Reactions: Old Man with Gun
Not true. Lots of different dogs evacuated, dog care folks who stayed to help those that could not be, etc. Too much to summarize myself but this digs into it.

How does it feel spreading smoke for Liars to hide behind.

Not true. Lots of different dogs evacuated, dog care folks who stayed to help those that could not be, etc. Too much to summarize myself but this digs into it.

"The U.S. priority mission was the evacuation of U.S. citizens, SIV and vulnerable Afghans,"

Yeah except for all of the ones they left behind lmao.

Oh another funny from the same article:

"Despite an ongoing complicated and dangerous retrograde mission, U.S. forces went to great lengths to assist the Kabul Small Animal Rescue as much as possible."

What really happened is that they brought a bunch of dogs to the airport but whomever was in charge didn't allow the plane to land and instead let all the dogs out of their cages. Then the lady in charge of the Kabul Small Animal Rescue had to hitch a ride with the Taliban out of town to a safe house lol.

How does it feel spreading smoke for Liars to hide behind.
Please give your reasons why this is smoke. Can you refute the facts given in the article?

Please debate this if you have another side. Factless disclaimers and name calling is the weapons of radicalization not patriotism.

Reactions: MCHOG and shoobe01
What really happened is that they brought a bunch of dogs to the airport but whomever was in charge didn't allow the plane to land and instead let all the dogs out of their cages. Then the lady in charge of the Kabul Small Animal Rescue had to hitch a ride with the Taliban out of town to a safe house lol.
They were intentionally not allowing planes to land to create some other issue we have yet to understand - I don't wish any harm to XIden and the crew on this earth/ifetime because I am sure they are destined for the deepest pits of hell where they belong.

Reactions: Aftermath
Dude, this is the Bear Pit. This place is a firehose of bullshit claims. It's like the Id of Sniper's Hide.
True. But, I have a concern, and I believe a duty to call it out when it could be inspiring radical people beyond the facts.

I'm not saying your statement is lighting a fuse, but this place is the testosterone palace of big talk and not thinking it through. So, I really hate to see the mob lighting torches and running off without some review.

Most of what comes out of any politicians, media or person with "followers / viewers" is 70% lie and the rest is sensationalized for the audience.

I'm afraid for my country, not a violent civil war or revolution, but another Timothy McVeigh.

It only takes one nut job who confuses being the most patriotic with being the most radical to be the next poster child for the anti-gun movement.

We need to teach our children about propaganda, what radicalization is and how to challenge the premise of a question or statement.

We are not stupid individuals, but many are thoughtless.

They fully admit they they left behind 51 contract working dogs. The question is, what is a contract working dog?

Quote:
What are Contract Working Dogs?
There are two types of dogs used by the military in the US. First are the Military Working Dogs or MWD that are owned by the US Military. These dogs are trained by military professionals for different jobs such as providing support in rescue missions and identifying explosives etc. Due to the increased demand for such dogs in the military, contractors started to provide privately owned trained dogs for military operations. These dogs are known as Contract Working Dogs or CWD.

According to a post by Military & LEO Working Dogs on Facebook (link below), contractors that provide CWD are generally veterans who started to work as contractors after getting discharged from the military service.

When you see these generals claiming that "no -military working dogs- were left behind, pay attention to the specific verbage. They're using the specific words they do for a reason.

Reactions: db2000
They fully admit they they left behind 51 contract working dogs.
Who is they? I find a lot of "'X is upset over reports that dogs were left behind"

But nothing that says anyone has said I/we of this group left the dogs behind.

What group of contractors and dog handlers left without the animals they have spent vast sums training. It doesn't make sense that some pissed off and now out of work contractor isn't screaming about it on every talk show.

The article I read quoted General John Kirby. I'm now seeing more recent articles where he's denying it entirely. That's probably what I'd say if I were in his shoes.

Maybe I read it wrong, or it was reported wrong. Or maybe fuckers covering his tracks.

From the article:
"Maxwell-Jones has been campaigning to get 46 working dogs, along with a number of dogs that were pets of fleeing Americans, evacuated from Kabul.

However, according to the statement released by Kirby, the military was unable to evacuate the animals from Kabul before the final plane left the airport on Monday. While working dogs are not considered U.S. military dogs, some were still used by the military in activities in Afghanistan."

Also, from the American Humane Society:

"Reports to us from Kabul, including those from the military, made it clear that not only were contract working dogs denied access to cargo storage in the last flights out, but that the government also denied charter planes access to remove the dogs to safety,"

At this point, given their handling of Afghanistan so far, Bidens generals have less credibility than the animal rights people.

Last edited:
I was very upset last night watching Tucker Carlson on FOX when he reported with photo's of all the dogs left in their crates at the airport after the last flight left.
I'm an old guy and remember all the dogs shot or left behind when the handlers came home from Vietnam. I thought we were past that shit. Evidently not.
Left to die of thirst, starve, or most likely shot by the Taliban. Another sad day for America. Where does it end?
Those dogs deserved better.

Danny

This was already discussed and followed in the pit.

Please give your reasons why this is smoke. Can you refute the facts given in the article?

Please debate this if you have another side. Factless disclaimers and name calling is the weapons of radicalization not patriotism.

I applaud your dedication to fact based arguments. Please review the information posted in the other thread. It is too much to repost here.

Reactions: ken226
This was already discussed and followed in the pit.

I applaud your dedication to fact based arguments. Please review the information posted in the other thread. It is too much to repost here.
I really don't have a side to debate, my position is the same here as in most emotional headlines. There is more to this story and the people tailoring the facts for effect, have an agenda.

If I am on a soap box, it is simply to get people to discuss rather than rant.

Reactions: ken226
They want us to get irrationally pissed off???
In short yes.
The media sells advertising based on viewership so they want you to read their articles.
Reporters are rated and compensated based upon their popularity with various demographics.
Internet "Influencers" get sponsors, gifts and revenue from showing ads based upon followers.
Politicians need to get and maintain an energized voter base to keep their job that gives them access to wealthy patrons and lobbyists.

Let's face it, people are motivated by what they fear most and secondly what they hope for most. The rational truth is interesting, but not enough to get people to the voting booth.

Last election did you vote for someone, or against someone?

I feel ya.
I will and have grieved for dogs harder and longer than the few humans I have cared about.

I have picked up pieces of people and it doesn't bother me to the point of losing sleep.
On the other end of that wire, I would give no quarter to any MF'r that hurts a dog, horse or child. Straight up have no problem going to prison.

I might could get off with a good lawyer until they start showing pics of me climbing up to mount some asshole's head on a gate or light pole to make a point.

./

Who is Will Elkins? I'm not on Facebook so I can't look at info other than the screenshot above. The only thing I found via Google is pretty unflattering.

I did Google images searches on those images, and they appear to be copied from media websites. The only person I saw on Twitter or Facebook by that name associated with the military and afghanistan, with my limited searching ability on those platforms, was a guy congratulating Biden on his wonderful handling of the economy.

Last edited:
Of course they left some dogs behind. These morons left behind biometric scanners that will allow the Taliban to ID the people who worked for the previous gov, they left behind warehouses full of weapons, billions of rounds of ammunition, artillery pieces, APCs, Humvees, aircraft and helicopters. And they left behind American citizens too.

1. Read Topic
2. Don't Read Thread
3. Post Outrage