• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dominican Republic made EAGLE JUNK!

Matt in Virginia

Minuteman
Apr 24, 2001
Chesapeake, Virginia
Gentlemen,
Just a heads up for those, like myself, who have been running older Eagle Industries Nylon. In short it is no longer "Made in USA" and the three units I just received are junk. The zippers bind and build quality has suffered.

I put in a $200 order for a few things under Natchez's super discount sale. In short I got what I paid for... Another American Company bites the dust.

fwiw & ymmv.

Regards, Matt
757-581-6270

Re: Dominican Republic made EAGLE JUNK!

Send it back most hastily.

I have an Eagle E&E bag that I got gratis from a friend and it has served me well as a range bag. I'm pretty sure its a DR sourced item.

I try to stick with made in USA but free was too good to pass up.

That's too bad but it has to be about impossible to compete with Blackhawk Vietnam made gear without leaving the US.

I'm amazed they stayed as long as they did with all the third world competition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's too bad but it has to be about impossible to compete with Blackhawk Vietnam made gear without leaving the US. </div></div>

I'm pretty sure ATK purchased both Eagle and Blackhawk.

+1 on Eagle's quality control, er, I mean lack there of.
Bought a "new" pack from them & the stitching was coming apart by the yard before I even got it out of the package. You can guess it weren't made in the USA.

Aside from the pissed part; about the pack, Eagle, & FAR too many "American businesses, it makes me genuniely sad [the way things have gone].
I was born in & grew up in MI aka the Car Capital. And I KNOW that we still know how to make great stuff here [& at a respectable price], but as to why we don't..."Beuler, Beuler, anyone, Beuler...." UGH: Motown [amongst others] has gone the way of the dinosaur & been resurected several times in my years on this rock <== FUBAR !

Planned obsolescence BITES! I mean, if you make a good, solid product, while listening to the consumer, & give good customer service, "the math's simple".
You keep your customer base, in addition to it expanding greatly via that old standby... word of mouth.

Just seems like good business sense to me, or am I missing something?

Rant mode off.