• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Don Nielson's Pumkin Neck Turner

shoedo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
Georgia
Does anyone on the forum who has used other case neck turners such as K&M or Sinclair, tried the Pumpkin? Could you share your opinion regarding its ease of use, durability, and was it worth the money. Thanks

Re: Don Nielson's Pumkin Neck Turner

I have a simple turner I made many years ago. I also have 2 different Sinclair's and a Pumpkin from Don Neilson. For really accurate case neck turning the Pumpkin is good. But far and away for the ease of adjustment the Pumpkin is the best I have ever used. For the best in speed, be sure to get the solid carbide mandrel in the needed size. It won't gaul brass on it.

Get his inspection instrument with the .0001" indicator. It sure does save a lot of time. I've used ball mics and anvil mics most of my life. I am not considered slow as a tool & die maker. This really is a fast way to check case necks.

I sent his contact information to someone in a PM just yesterday. It's:

Don Nielson
20456 Hart Street
Canoga Park, CA, 91306

(818) 883-5866 evenings

If I were looking for a neck turning system and had the money to do that, I would do it again and not look back.

Shoedo,

This is the same information I sent you in the PM you requested.

Kelbly's Inc
7222 Dalton Fox Lake Road
North Lawrence, Ohio 44666
Phone 303-683-4674

They are a retailer for Neilson Neck Turner

Jim Kelby is first class and will take care of you

I bought a copy of the Pumpkin from Stiller and it works very well. Only thing is, he quit making them.
Pumpkin is, according to my friends that have them, the best there is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kelbly's Inc
7222 Dalton Fox Lake Road
North Lawrence, Ohio 44666
Phone 303-683-4674

They are a retailer for Neilson Neck Turner

Jim Kelby is first class and will take care of you </div></div>

+1... I have done business with the Kelbly family for several years. If Jim Kelbly tells you something, you can take it to the bank.