• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Done did it now...the fever has started

dlxcupid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Commie-fornia
I've been wanting to reload for the longest time, I finally pulled the trigger and decided to get myself a nice Christmas present.

On order from Cory @ STM
-Thumler's Tumbler Model B deluxe kit with Stainless media, separator, etc.

On order from Josh @ Copper Creek
-Redding Big Boss II press
-Die set (223 only for now), shell holders, decapping dies

On order from Natchez
-Hornady Case prep center
-Hornady Manual
-Loading blocks
-Case lubes
-Hornady LNL conversion bushings

Soon to order
-RCBS 1500 Chargemaster
-Hornady OAL gauge set with need modified cases
-Hornady Comparator set with headspace gauges
-Powder funnel, calipers, powder, primers, bullets, other little shit.

Here's the room it's going in (will do more lighting in there, possible shoplights or something that won't interfere with the RCBS Chargemaster):
(sorry for the crappy phone pic)
2011-11-26163646.jpg

I figured I'd at least be able to prep brass while I read ABCs of Reloading for the 2nd time and go over the Hornady Manual and Sierra Manual that I've already got. Anything else I should get or reconsider? Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

btw: I have a homebrew AR15, homebrew/custom AR308, 30-06 bolt action, 1911, 9mm USP, 45 USP, Tokarev, and AK so far. I don't do any competitions or matches, just mainly target practice and some hunting.

Re: Done did it now...the fever has started

Get the book, Handloading for Competition by Glen Zediker. Really helped me get a much better understanding of the process.

congrats!

but you wont save any money.

you will just shoot alot more
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justinbaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats!

but you wont save any money.

you will just shoot alot more
smile.gif
</div></div>

What he said....which really isn't a problem.
cool.gif

That's what I keep hearing, but I shoot maybe once a month or 2. Things will probably change once I start reloading. When I do go, I go through up to 500rds of 223/556 or 7.62x39, up to 100 of 9mm/45ACP. About 30-40rds of .308, maybe 20-30rds of 30-06. My main reason was to shoot more of the AR15 and get better at shooting my AR308.

You will start out shooting to reload. That will get old fast, then you will reload to shoot better. Then you will want to wring out every bit of accuracy from the rifle with your own hand made rounds. Then you will want hit harder, and farther.

HHHHMMMMMMM.......I predict some mods, a brake, and further than 1k shooting with your '06.

Have fun!