• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: GunBroker Sucks Ballz!!!

what brand? try the maker for a warranty repair. plus appreal that if you can

<span style="font-style: italic">Ooooh, damn!</span> <span style="font-style: italic">Dude</span>, so sorry for your bad luck. I know <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">many</span></span> people hate Paypal but it's for this very reason you've mentioned that I won't use anything other than Paypal when buying anything other than firearms because at least you have a fighting chance by filing a dispute/claim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long_Action</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Horus..... I'm FUCKED! </div></div>

In a word...YUP!! Sorry for your troubles, L_A!!

Do any of the following possibly apply:

1) any chance of getting satisfaction from the seller?

2) was the scope insured when shipped (might be able to get the seller to file a claim if it was insured)?

3) if the product is still sealed with an blank warranty card...you MIGHT, MAY, POSSIBLY (okay...HIGHLY UNlikely) have a shot at getting something out of Horus.

Also, just to add, I don't know that a "stiff" turret is a big deal unless the stiffness contributes to malfunction/incorrect adjustments, etc. If it is just stiff, but the scope still functions properly in terms of accurate, reliable, consistent adjustments, you may try cranking the knob up and down through the full range of adjustment several times to see if it will losen up any with time/effort.

I hate to hear things like this. When you dabble on gunbroker you win some and lose some. Your best hope is to break even or better.

What Buyers Protection? I wasn't aware GB had any form of the like, and mentioning anything like that to PP is a red flag since after all you would have to say GB. An optic since they are sold on their own site of flea-bay every day should be covered since it would fall under (not as described) you were told NIB (which I suppose could be) but is still problematic.

So does it actually work and move or just a stiff knob? Or is it broke altogether?

That isn't gunbroker. It's the private party. Place the blame in the right spot brother.

If you bought it at snipershide from a private party who's fault is it when it arrives messed up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't gunbroker. It's the private party. Place the blame in the right spot brother.

If you bought it at snipershide from a private party who's fault is it when it arrives messed up? </div></div>

Ahh, a return to rational thought logic.

You buy a crap scope from an individual online made by a company that doesn't stand behind their product, then bitch at the venue it was sold in about a poor outcome-sounds like the Brady Bunch's logic on gunshows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That isn't gunbroker. It's the private party. Place the blame in the right spot brother.

If you bought it at snipershide from a private party who's fault is it when it arrives messed up? </div></div>

Agree +1, Scope was not represented right by the seller. Don't see how GB was at fault.

The larger issue is that it is a Horus.

Any of a number of other scopes would have made it right. Horus (my understanding) falls short there.

If you paid with a credit card, file for a reversal of charges. Credit cards are fairly good about this.

You might try and let the seller know that if he doesn't let you return it, you will leave very negative feedback with details. If he doesn't, then leave the feedback. I for one usually look through those before i purchase and that could hurt him worse than returning your money. just a thought. sorry to hear about it. Hope it works out for you.

there's a chance Horus might fix it.......
I sent mine in for repair back in 2005......
It might show up any day now...........