• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Don't all 7 year olds

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
Field strip their suppressed AR's?

P

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid7.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy251%2Fsydbrad%2Fa4a6f9a783c9cd8a1fb5f5ae0e8b0f67_zpsd431856d.mp4">

Last edited:
What a beautiful smile......

That's awesome!! My son is 7 and hsi mother hates the fact that I have started educating him about guns. He's not quite ready for an AR15 but I did buy him a pretty nice air soft rifle for his birthday. in the spring i'm thinking it's time for his first .22 Need to properly educate our children about firearms before some rapper on TV or the media do.

DS-6, As long as he's good at following instruction, go ahead and get him shooting a real rifle and IMHO, an AR15 w/ a collapsible stock is fine. It's probably a little too front heavy for off hand, but just fine for prone, bench or even using a tree or similar for support. Start them off with several mags w/ 1 rd / mag. They learn to operate the rifle and once I'm comfortable w/ muzzle / trigger disciple, they got more rds / mag. My 8 y/o was shooting tannerite Sunday evening with a 6.5cm, prone from a bipod/rear bag. It's in an xlr and adjusts to fit him fine.

When my kids want to handle a firearm, all they have to do is ask. There's no magic or mystery with guns in our home and no reason to try to access one w/o permission, because they have access at their asking. Another thing I did was let them carry a small .22 (chipmunk) around on hikes. Constantly having to maneuver around, under, over obstacles (pretty dense woods at my place) while being reminded about proper carry. We'd stop once in a while to shoot a few times (keeping it fun keeps them interested and on their a-game).

Great advice...take the magic out. A gun is, after all, just a tool.

Here she is at 700 yards with a Pierce/AX 300 win at 700 yds! She went 6 consecutive.
She is the last of 3 we have raised in a firearm household with everything in the open, but a gun was never a mystery to any of them.

Nice photo of the beautiful SW Virginia Highlands.

I bet you are a very proud PAPA. Well done. I have a daughter that's almost 3. I cant wait to get to take her out for some quality time like you have with yours.