• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Don't know what to think

shooter.dm

Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Magee Mississippi
Ok here we go sent my howa action off to Pac-Nor 17 weeks ago .Was told it would be back in 14 weeks no problem. At 14 weeks no barrel so I sent them a email asking when it would be done they said it would be in in less than 2 weeks .Ok no problem well 2 weeks later guess what no barrel so I called . They said it was off as we speek to get fluted be ready tomorrow . Ok now I'm excited couple days latter guess what no barrel (sent them a ups over night label 4 weeks ago) so I called again was told that it failed inspection and thay have to start all over again and they were sorry for the delay. I'm a lil upset about this becaus one of the resons I sent it to them is because they said it would be back in 14 weeks. Should I not be up set about this?What do yall say about this?

I'd shit in my hands and fling it at my monitor, but that's just me

things happen, things take time, I'd be upset but let them do what they do

Last edited:
Better that they caught the problem now and not after you received it. Seems that anything related to this hobby/sport has these issues, it's how they handle it that really matters. hopefully they can find a way to expedite the process for you. Best of luck

I'm waiting on a stock. Ordered in February and was told 18wks. Still nothing yet. I called and they said they are really backed up. It happens and like stated before it is a good thing they caught it. The problem is whether you feel they are being truthful or just buying time. At least that's what I often wonder. I understand how things go though. Custom is custom and if you're told XX time then it always seems that there will be additional time in the mix. I feel your pain, but I don't guess I get too worried about it. I have no real need for it, other than its all I'm waiting on for this build!

I like and use a lot of Pac Nor barrels. Everything has always been pretty spot on - they have always been much closer to their time estimate than a lot of the other brand names I've ordered. As the other poster stated, things do happen and better they caught it now. Can pretty much assure you that you're not being jacked around. They seem to be good vendors and they've always had a good reputation. I'd give them some time; if you cancel and go with another barrel maker, it will just put you at the back of the line. I think you will eventually be very happy with their work.

In the gun smithing industry this is for the most part the norm (there are some exceptions). The first few times this happed to me I got mad but now I sort of expect it so it doesn't bother me. Its best to just accept that when you send the parts away it will be done when it gets done and try not to think about it.

What makes me upset is when you wait 4 times longer than quoted and then has to be sent back. Again getting mad doesn't help here but it's harder to stay calm.

In this situation I would just be glad that they caught the problem and have standards so that at least you know when you get the barreled action back it will be right.

I waited something like 8 months for a Kreiger barrel if I recall-- quoted at 12 weeks. Stuff happens.

I think I was quoted at something like 3-4 weeks in March for my LRI build. I'm still waiting. Maybe it's because I've been in the military for the last several years, but I'm used to things happening "eventually". Just be happy when it shows up.

Go to long rifles inc and never look back. I'm sure there are other good places, but none better. Fast turn around times and will put you together something that shoots better than 90% of people can shoot. I've had 4 done there and could not be happier. All the components are within 3-4 days out then they get it done within days. Not years. And their resume and product speak for themselves. Just do it? If you ain't satisfied sell it to me. They're that great.