• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dont tell CKA

Cleaner

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Mcinney Texas was just named by money magazine as the #5 on their list of nicest small cities in America. Dont tell CKA or that head will sweell beyond all proportion. Mabey they didnt know that he lived there when they surbveyed the town
laugh.gif

5. McKinney, TX
Population: 125,000
Unemployment: 7.8%
Pluses: Affordable homes, charming downtown
Minus: Traffic headaches

Lots of towns near Dallas have low crime, affordable homes, and good jobs; McKinney is no exception. What makes it stand out is its gem of a downtown. Lovingly restored 19th-century buildings house restaurants, boutiques, and galleries; the 1875 courthouse contains a new performing-arts center.
McKinney's employment opportunities are robust, sparing many residents a rush-hour drive of up to an hour to Dallas. Defense contractor Raytheon has a 3,700-person division here, and a mix of businesses in financial services, medical technology, and eco-friendly manufacturing are moving in.

Though McKinney has grown like mad over the past decade, you'd never suspect it when driving through its tree-filled communities surrounded by ponds, parks, and hiking trails. Residents say the town has handled the influx well, building plenty of new schools and hospitals.

And the relatively low real-estate prices thrill transplants from more expensive locales: A five-bedroom house, with a pool, set on a golf course might go for $440,000, and you can find homes for a third as much.

Re: Dont tell CKA

Yep, that is why we built a house here almost 3 years ago. McKinney is the new Plano. It was also the fastest growing city in the US for the past couple of years.

I'm still the redneck on the block though. I've gotten more than one HOA letter for mud dripping off my truck and piling up on the driveway.

Fort Collins, CO has been in the top ten every year since I moved here in 1996. Looks like we made #6 again this year. Great place to live.

big buzz around here since we came out on #5 for greatest US city to live in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm still the redneck on the block though. I've gotten more than one HOA letter for mud dripping off my truck and piling up on the driveway. </div></div>

Sounds like it is past time to move the hell out of that AO then.

My sister and her husband live in Frisco, and we were up there to visit them this weekend...I'm glad to live in Sugar Land. The lack of mosquitoes and humidity up north, however, made me slightly jealous.

And the women are hotter in Fort Worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My sister and her husband live in Frisco, and we were up there to visit them this weekend...I'm glad to live in Sugar Land. The lack of mosquitoes and humidity up north, however, made me slightly jealous.

And the women are hotter in Fort Worth. </div></div>
Those were Plano women just visiting Fort Worth.