• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dont worry, the NRA will save us

The NRA, not perfect, but without them we would have lost everything a long time ago. Going forward, other organizations may get more from our dollars.

1654291919806.png

I stopped giving to the NRA when I found out I was basically just donating to a guys two thousand dollar suits, that and the recording basically calling me a insane rube and how to avoid attracting us to meetings, have been giving to GOA for a few years now instead.

The NRA, not perfect, but without them we would have lost everything a long time ago. Going forward, other organizations may get more from our dollars.
If you look into it not so much, the NRA at least on litigation has been on the sidelines for a decade if not more. They basically let someone else file or defend a 2A lawsuit, then when the heavy lifting is already done they file a friend of the court brief that means nothing, then they claim victory after, basically spending very little and exerting minimal effort.

I stopped giving to the NRA when I found out I was basically just donating to a guys two thousand dollar suits, that and the recording basically calling me a insane rube and how to avoid attracting us to meetings, have been giving to GOA for a few years now instead.

GOA actually sues the government and wins. There is another group that opens lawsuits but I forgot their name, I think it's a smaller organization.

Honestly, every time they send me their glossy printed multi page desperate attempts to raise money, I write on the form "no money until lapierre is gone" and return it in the prepaid envelope.

Which is a lie. No money ever again.
GOA and AZCDL is where it goes.

The only reason I pay the NRA is because my private rifle club requires it. The club also requires us to disarm and leave our CCL guns in the car because carrying on club grounds is verboten.

FNRA.

VooDoo

I’m a lifer but it was a promo deal for $300 back in the FBHO years. Have contemplated canceling it. If they latch onto “common sense” gun laws like bumpstocks I’ll cancel.

I cannot remember the last time the nra did a damn thing for the good guys. I am willing to bet that they take money from the democrats to keep fleecing members and do not a damn thing positive.

Only good thing from them: democrats seem to hate them, they tell me how the nra blocks and stops all the common sense gun control we as a nation need to protect ourselves. I reply with, yeah, fuck the nra, they took machine guns away from everyday joes. They do need to be dismantled! They look at me like i asked to rape puppies or some shit.

I cannot remember the last time the nra did a damn thing for the good guys. I am willing to bet that they take money from the democrats to keep fleecing members and do not a damn thing positive.

Only good thing from them: democrats seem to hate them, they tell me how the nra blocks and stops all the common sense gun control we as a nation need to protect ourselves. I reply with, yeah, fuck the nra, they took machine guns away from everyday joes. They do need to be dismantled! They look at me like i asked to rape puppies or some shit.
Totally agree. They have become a well oiled money machine. They foam at the mouth when gun legislature is introduced. Do absolutely 0 about any of it, and wouldnt surprise me that they sit in with politicians (Dem and Repub) to write the legislature

I've been an NRA Life Member since 1977. I was 16. All I know is that the democrats hate the NRA, so that's a good enough reason for me to keep my membership. That said, I stopped sending them money a loooong time ago, long enough that they stopped sending my flyers begging for money.

Reactions: 232593
I had someone offer me some NRA labeled stuff recently because they know I'm a gun owner, and I told them no thanks, I don't support the NRA. I got a strange look, but that was it.

40 year member and a long time life member, but I haven't given them a dime in a long time and won't till Wayne is gone.

Actually raising money wise, they're by far their own worst enemy. Constant pestering of phone calls, emails, letters asking for money, and turning members off, especially new members, by sending renewals a couple months into a 12 month membership is a kick in the pants. The biggest one was the discount Life Membership blowout. Brought in a lot of short term cash, but I bet 80-90% of those people haven't contributed a nickel since then, but broke even long ago. Good job Wayne!

Reactions: madppcs
I've been an NRA Life Member since 1977. I was 16. All I know is that the democrats hate the NRA, so that's a good enough reason for me to keep my membership. That said, I stopped sending them money a loooong time ago, long enough that they stopped sending my flyers begging for money.
#metoo

I became a life member in the early 80's sometime. Always got the American Rifleman magazine up until about 2010 maybe, then they just stopped sending it. I haven't sent them any money since sometime in the 90's. All I get from them is a ballot to vote on BOD or some such crap. I just throw it in the trash. I'm sure that, like our other elections, we're only allowed to vote for already hand-picked candidates that are at BEST controlled opposition.

If you don't like any of the candidates, just write "None of the above" on the ballot and send it back. I've done that a couple times voting for President of these somewhat United States. I still voted, so I can still bitch.

Exactly. As a kid, I supported the NRA with all the Fudds. Getting your card was like getting your DL.

I haven't given them a cent in years and their harassing and blowing my phone up worse than a Bangladesh telemarketer didn't help. Instead, I support GOA.

Having said that, I do not want to see the NRA fold unless Wayne LaPierre is capitulating and cutting deals with the Left. If they fold, whatever puppet the communists have in power will take the credit and become a hero in the howling Leftist mob's mind.

Last edited:
Y'all need to cool your tits about the NRA being a Wayne LaPierre slush fund, even though it may be true. The 'giant and powerful NRA' is the target the Left hates and blames for standing in the way of not disarming Americans.

This entire post looks to be copy pasta from Wayne's editorial in next month's American Rifleman. All you're missing is a reference to our brave police officers.

The NRA is filled with cronies who enrich themselves with the donations of suckers, and they haven't done shit to expand gun rights during my adult life. The groups doing all the heavy lifting are the state-level organizations who first got CCW legalized and now are pushing for "constitutional carry". They are the ones who have earned your hard-earned money.

Presumably, the NRA still carries some level of influence in DC (although this is probably far overstated by both sides), but they need to prove it.

• Love
#metoo

I became a life member in the early 80's sometime. Always got the American Rifleman magazine up until about 2010 maybe, then they just stopped sending it. I haven't sent them any money since sometime in the 90's. All I get from them is a ballot to vote on BOD or some such crap. I just throw it in the trash. I'm sure that, like our other elections, we're only allowed to vote for already hand-picked candidates that are at BEST controlled opposition.
The digital versions of the magazines are available just need to sign up for them here

I have a life membership it would be silly to cancel as you are not hurting Lapierre by doing so. They have stopped offering me the opportunity to become an endownment member ever since I told them I would donate if they got rid of Lapierre.:whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: mtrmn