• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Dope Changes with, Elevation,Location, Temp Change

dzlfarmboy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Eastern Shore MD
www.tnt-power.com
Im going on a hunting trip in Montana in December and I know the elevation is gonna be higher, colder ect. Right now im at around 50-100ft elevation and 40-60 degrees. And my dope for my .243 is

200= .5 mils
400= 1.5 mils
600= 3 mils
830= 5.2 mils

Just trying to get an idea what to expect for a change when im in 0-20* weather and 2000ft elevation. I have the Shooter app I use.

Just curious if anyone has much experience with changing their elevation/climate and knows their dope real well to know what to expect.

Thanks Brett

Re: Dope Changes with, Elevation,Location, Temp Change

You should be able to change the altitude on the shooter ap. It should correct for it.

You're probably not going to see much of a difference if the conditions you provided are correct. The density altitude for the averages of both temp and elevation sets you provided were right around -500' to -1,000' DA. I doubt you'd see more than a 1/10 mil difference.

Yeah I plugged in the different elevations and temps in shooter and it really didn't change much. Just making sure it was correct as I thought it would with the elevation change.