• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dope Question

Isha Tsumi

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2022
Ohio
Here is the scenario:

The bullet drops 1700 inches at 2000 yards

The rifle scope base is 20 MOA.
The scope has 40 MOA of adjustment
The reticle has 20 MOA below the crosshair
Assume the scope zeroed at zero scope elevation at 100 yards.

Ballistic solution is 85 MOA, therefore I will not be able to hit the target using the scope at its ranging setting. Is this correct?

See no. Hit. I don’t see why not. You just need to think outside the box or get a Charlie Tarac

Here is the scenario:

Ballistic solution is 85 MOA, therefore I will not be able to hit the target using the scope at its ranging setting. Is this correct?

You really just need to see how many mils (moa) you have in your scope WITH it on the 20moa base. I guess you got the 40moa number from that being half of your scopes listed 80 moa adjustable value???

Reactions: Northman623
Yes you are correct. There is no way to dial a solution and put your cross hair on it, even with the 20MOA holdover

Here is the scenario:

40 + 20 + 20 = 80

80 < 85

Higher math

40moa in the scope and you want to shoot 2000 yards? you're roughly 100moa short from what's mounted on my rifle

i'm surprised you can even zero the scope at 100y with a 20moa base

you have 60moa to work with in a best case scenario. you're 25moa short

get a non POS scope