• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Dot Sight with BDC recommendations

Old Man with Gun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 4, 2019
    I'm putting together a single shot 44Mag 16" range toy. Contender, folding stock, Hybrid suppressor.

Plan is 240g at both 1700ish and 900ish fps.
    I'd like to find a dot sight with BDC that mounts very close to the rail. I've found the Holosun Paralow HS503G and with it should be able to zero the top Chevron super sonic at 100yds and be able to use the three dots below for subsonic out to about 100yds. I think it may only come with AR height mount though.

Any other RDS with BDC that can mount without a riser? Questioning if Hollosun will last with heavy 44 Mag loads.

Image is the reticle and estimated 50yd POI for subs if sighted in for super sonic at 100yds. Guess about 16 MOA difference.

Screenshot_20240521-085119.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    The holosun durability will be fine. I have the older PA microdot on my 12ga which is probably made in the same factory, and if not the Holosun is the higher quality of the 2.

It is a micro pattern base so finding a low base will not be an issue, if it doesn't already include one.

That is probably the best choice. Another option would be the Romeo 4T. Lots of them going for cheap since people are upgrading to the new 4T Pro.

Reactions: Old Man with Gun