• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

double feeding armalite 308

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Hi,
    Just fired an armatlite 10 i picked up for the first time today. Everytime i shot it would feed one from the mag and NOT eject the spent case causing a double feed. Literally everytime. My thoughts were either extractor issue, not heavy enough buffer, or magazine problems. Anyone have any suggestions where to start?

I'd start with the extractor first. Load one round at a time and fire. The bolt should lock back so you can take a look. If the fired case is still in there, drop the bolt and pull it back manually to see if that pulls it out of the chamber.

I'd start with the extractor and springs too. I had one years ago that would never make it through a full mag. I think Armalite said they had some out of spec extractors slip out. They sent me another one and never had anymore issues.