• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

jhedg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2005
Gator Nation
Anyone getting fired up for dove season? I will be in Vegas, but if any of you guys could help me out who live right across the border in AZ for ideas where to go it would be appreciated

Re: Dove

I'm actually extremely excited for Dove and Quail this year. We have a little less than two months to prep for the season opening though, so I think some time at the sporting clays range is in order for me
wink.gif

Here in California. It's September 1-15 then closed for about a mtg and then opens again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhedg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't you mean two weeks
smile.gif
</div></div>
I always get the dates wrong on these things
crazy.gif

For September 1-15 I suppose it's not too far off, but I was more referring to November 25 - January 8.

We lost the property we dove hunted last year. The owner died and the wife took over she don't like hunting. We could limit out in 20 min.

I went to SW KS for a combination dove/p'dog hunt over the weekend. Limited out on doves and killed about 50 p'dogs. Was good times!

Man, you guys have it good. Only places I have to go dove hunting are on public gamelands. Went Saturday from 12-6 and got nothing, saw about 3. Then went back Labor Day Monday from about 2-5:30 and saw nothing.

Not sure what the problem was :[

We are a week into our season in southern IN. We have taken aproximatly 400 birds off our property. They are pretty much done now but the first and second day we had eight guys and were all limited out in 30 minutes.